Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1000 Pro Sub Connections
If the data in thread about your system is still correct, you do have a very old subwoofer (SF Gravis B1), but you use DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core room correction - so you do have DSP in your subwoofer chain and it does add some latency.

Anyway, I'm not saying that delay is always added to the main speakers - I'm saying that it's the most often use case.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

I see you've now corrected your post - thanks.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
So, back to subs and a Dev 1000. I have set the configurator to speakers full range when preout is disabled. Otherwise I have the speakers running from 80Hz on up and the subs running up to 80Hz - all set in the configurator. Seems straight forward enough.

But, once it is all up and running I still have the option to set the subs’s gain and crossover (on the sub) - since I already ‘capped’ the sub at 80Hz in the Dev but the subs controls go higher - what does that mean at this point? If I go to the max doe that mean it caps at 80Hz?

I am fiddling with it but am wondering what others have found going down this path...

Thanks
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
You have to combine measurements and listening to find your optimal configuration.

I use crossover cascading - it gives me cleaner midbass and mids.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Put your sub crossover as high as possible. Or even better, put it off, if possible.

What filter order do you use in devialet?
I've two RELs connected via high level. When turning the amp on/off, there is a loud pumping sound from the subs. It did not happen when I was using a single 250pro with one REL sub. The RELs are connected according to the manual. I'd really prefer the high level connection as I've invested in a pair of REL Bassline Blue cables. Has anyone ever had the same issue or maybe would have some advice? Thanks!
Devialet 1000PRO CI,  Canton Reference 2.2DC, REL Carbon Special, Inakustik LS 2404 AIR, Digital, Ansuz MainzA2, 2x Gold Phantoms on Trees, Simaudio Moon 430HAD, Kennerton Thekk, Kennerton Rognir Dynamic

(09-Mar-2022, 14:58)liquitech Wrote: I've two RELs connected via high level. When turning the amp on/off, there is a loud pumping sound from the subs. It did not happen when I was using a single 250pro with one REL sub. The RELs are connected according to the manual. I'd really prefer the high level connection as I've invested in a pair of REL Bassline Blue cables. Has anyone ever had the same issue or maybe would have some advice? Thanks!

The same also happens on my gear. I've 440-Pro & two RELs. Hence - not to worry!

However, since my 440-Pro is connected to a PS Audio regenerator, I do not power off my gear at all. In fact, all my gear has been left On (always ready for use) since the last 2 years.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(09-Mar-2022, 14:58)liquitech Wrote: I've two RELs connected via high level. When turning the amp on/off, there is a loud pumping sound from the subs. It did not happen when I was using a single 250pro with one REL sub. The RELs are connected according to the manual. I'd really prefer the high level connection as I've invested in a pair of REL Bassline Blue cables. Has anyone ever had the same issue or maybe would have some advice? Thanks!

I have two rel sub using high level input too. I can hear the sound when amp is turning on. But I don’t think it’s an issue. It’s very normal.