Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apheta issue on rp10
Hi there,
I would be grateful for an advice on a broken apheta (the first one) mounted on a rega rp10. There is only one channel functioning and I requested for a repair service, but the prices seemed quite hard to swallow (800€ in Germany and 500£ in the UK). My advice request is whether is gonna be sold without the fully functioning cartridge, or it's better to invest in the cartridge repair, considering that a potential buyer would prefer a different one (e.g. a newer apheta).
Thanks!
Le120-Aries-RP10/Apheta-Magnat MCD850-Tannoy DC8-Cabledyne&Anticables
That sounds more like a exchange to a new cartridge than a repair. Is the UK price from Rega or a retailer? Apheta is on rev. 3 now. Would you be getting the Apheta3?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thanks ogs,
The UK price is from Rega, indeed. But a retailer offered me to repair the cartrodge for the same price, stating that their intervention is better than rega's.
I'm not motivated to invest in vinyl anymore, therefore not happy with the idea of giving extra money for a new apheta3. I would just like to somehow sell the rega rp10 for a decent price.
£500 for the Apheta 3 is quite cheap. It should be possible to sell the RP10 promoting the idea of using the broken cart for a replacement upgrade.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
Oh, sorry, just to avoid a misunderstanding: nobody offered me a trade in for a newer apheta, like the 3rd one. So the 500£ were just for the repair of the old one, apheta1.
I see.. Cross upgrades of MC cartridges are not unusual, but I guess it depends on whether the old model is still available, or in your case repairable. The repair is probably a new cantilever/coil assembly anyway.
Devialetless!
You should be able to sell an RP10 very easily, they are sought after and as long as you have the original packaging, easy and safe to ship.

I would sell it without the cartridge and sell the faulty Apheta separately as a “needs repair” unit. I did exactly this with a defective Dynavector cartridge which was damaged and it sold quickly - but you should budget getting around £100/€120 for it or so.
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks mates, cheers!
Hi there, now I have an apheta2 mounted, but the sound volume is too low, I'm not sure about the settings with the new cartridge. Does anyone know about these settings on a dev120?