Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio File Loading Slowly / Dropouts
Recently purchased Devialet Expert Pro 220.
Sorry, but this thing is not "Roon Ready"

NUC i7 w/ Windows 10.
Roon worked perfectly with last system (Audio Research).
Roon works fine out to computer speakers.
Roon works with everything as long as it's not hooked up to Devialet.

I get "Audio File Loading Slowly" error and it goes to next song or just shuts down.
Unstable platform makes this unusable fol listening to digital files.

I have no interest in streaming.
(I did try DelialetAir just to see, lots of dropouts.)

Thoughts?
Devialet 220 Expert Pro, George Merrilll  Turntable, Lyra Etna Cartridge, Nordost Valhalla Speaker Wire, Sonus Faber Guarneri Speakers, Berkeley Alpha USB, NUC i7, LaCie 5TB HD.
Try Devialet Air from Roon.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(06-Mar-2022, 23:59)Delija Wrote: Try Devialet Air from Roon.

I have no interest in streaming.
(I did try DelialetAir just to see, lots of dropouts.)

From original post
Devialet 220 Expert Pro, George Merrilll  Turntable, Lyra Etna Cartridge, Nordost Valhalla Speaker Wire, Sonus Faber Guarneri Speakers, Berkeley Alpha USB, NUC i7, LaCie 5TB HD.
You have no interest in streaming, but you want to use Roon? Smile

Roon RAAT is also streaming - just like UPnP and Devialet Air. It's just different protocol.
If Devialet Air is also not working well from Roon - you have some major issue either with your network or with your Devialet Expert. I don't have any problems with Roon - both with RAAT and Air. They both work perfect, but I use UPnP because it sounds better than Roon.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Did Roon finished your library analysis? This activity is very processor consuming.
I switched to Roon from JRiver because I got tired of the endless upgrades and associated charges.
Once Roon was set up on my original system it was incredibly stable, better sound, and a better user interface.
Library analysis was completed, no excessive CPU usage.

Local files are played through NUC and input into Devialet using either USB or AES/EUB.

Problem is intermittent. can run through a whole bunch of songs just fine then decide to glitch.
There are quite a few posts in the Roon community that site the 'Audio files loading slowly' error with similar symptoms that you're seeing. I think they are often related to network issues, but it sounds like you're not streaming over your LAN, but rather using USB out from your NUC. You also mentioned AES/EUB - how are you doing that from the NUC? I should also ask how is your NUC connected to your router? (ethernet or wifi?). I'm assuming your LaCie is where your music is stored and it is local to your NUC via USB?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Did you check and apply Roon KB about network?
https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/a...-practices
(07-Mar-2022, 18:06)Luckytiger Wrote: I switched to Roon from JRiver because I got tired of the endless upgrades and associated charges.
Once Roon was set up on my original system it was incredibly stable, better sound, and a better user interface.
Library analysis was completed, no excessive CPU usage.

Local files are played through NUC and input into Devialet using either USB or AES/EUB.

Problem is intermittent. can run through a whole bunch of songs just fine then decide to glitch.

The error message that an audio file is loading slowly tells you that there is a problem with a network connection to Roon. That problem could be occurring on a connection passing a signal to your NUC which is running Roon or it could be occurring on a connection passing a signal from Roon to a device elsewhere on your network. Neither USB or AES/EUB connections are network connections. They are digital connections but they aren't network connections. The error message Roon is providing is a message related to a Roon network connection.

Roon has to be connected to the internet so that is a network connection the message could be referring to. Roon may or may not be connected to your Devialet via your network If your Devialet is not connected to your network via wifi or ethernet, or if you are not using the wifi or ethernet inputs on your Devialet when the problem occurs, then the error message can not relate to network communication with your Devialet.

You have said that "Local files are played through NUC and input into Devialet using either USB or AES/EUB.". If that is the case then if the problem occurs while you are playing local files the error message simply can not relate to your connection between Roon and the Devialet. If you are playing local files via USB or AES/EUB connections then I would assume that you are also playing non-local files from sources such as Tidal or Qobuz over the same inputs to the Devialet. There is no reason I know of for playing local files over direct digital connections to the Devialet and non-local files over a network connection to the Devialet.

If anyone is to have any chance of helping you find the cause and solution to your problem, we need more information. In particular we need to know:

1- is your Devialet connected to your network via ethernet or wifi? Roon has to be connected to your network but the problem can't relate to your Devialet if your Devialet does not have a network connection.

2- What inputs are you using on your Devialet when the problem occurs? If you are using either the USB or AES/EUB input, once again the problem can't relate to your Devialet because those are not network connections. If you are using the Devialet's wifi input then it is extremely unlikely that the error message relates to the Devialet. As advised in a previous response there is a long thread here about problems associated with this error message and, having followed that thread for several years now, I can not remember a single report of that error message occurring while using the Devialet's wifi input. That error message seems to occur only when music is being sent to the Devialet over ethernet, and specifically over a gigabit speed ethernet connection.

So please tell us whether you have a network connection to your Devialet and, if you do, whether it is a wifi or ethernet connection and if it is an ethernet connection what is the speed of that connection. Also tell us what connection or connections to the Devialet are in use when the problem occurs. Without that information it is impossible to tell whether or not the problem is even related to your Devialet and since the only connections you have mentioned so far are USB and AES/EUB it would seem that your Devialet can not be involved in the problem and the cause must lie somewhere in your network connection to Roon.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Roon is connected to the internet via Wi-Fi.
Local files are either being fed directly to Devialet via USB, or from NUC to Berkeley Alpha to Devialet via AES/EUB. (I have tried both with the same results)
No files are fed to the Devialet over a network connection.
Roon works fine disconnected from Devialet.
I get error message only when connected (hardwired) to Devialet.

Having had various digital equipment over the years I have found that it is usually some silly setting on one or two pieces that finally gets everything to play nicely together.