Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio File Loading Slowly / Dropouts
(08-Mar-2022, 22:56)Luckytiger Wrote: Roon is connected to the internet via Wi-Fi.
Local files are either being fed directly to Devialet via USB, or from NUC to Berkeley Alpha to Devialet via AES/EUB. (I have tried both with the same results)
No files are fed to the Devialet over a network connection.
Roon works fine disconnected from Devialet.
I get error message only when connected (hardwired) to Devialet.

Having had various digital equipment over the years I have found that it is usually some silly setting on one or two pieces that finally gets everything to play nicely together.

What do you mean when you say "Roon works fine disconnected from Devialet"? What else is connected to Roon and how are those devices connected to Roon?

You've also detailed 2 different connection methods to the Devialet, a direct USB connection from the NUC and a NUC to Berkeley Alpha via USB/Berkeley Alpha to Devialet via AES. Do you get the error message regardless of which of those connections you are using or with only with one of those connections and, if so, which one?

As I said earlier, the only reports of this problem with Roon and a Devialet relate to streaming over a gigabit ethernet connection using Roon's own RAAT protocol. That strongly suggests your problem is not related to the Devialet and has to be related to the only network connection Roon is using which is the connection between Roon and the internet. Based on what you've said, that's the connection I would be looking at and for information and advice about that connection I would start with the link in the post from @daniel.avasilichioaei above. If you can't solve the problem with the information in that link then I would suggest contacting Roon support or posting a message on Roon's own forum because it does not appear that the problem is related to your Devialet.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I'm confused about your configuration: in your first post you wrote about "Roon Ready" (which means connecting to Devialet over the network), and in your last post you wrote "No files are fed to the Devialet over a network connection".
Can you share your Roon signal path?

If you do not use the network, have you turned off Ethernet and Wi-Fi in the Devialet configuration?
@daniel.avasilichioaei

I don't think he used the words "Roon Ready" in the sense both Roon and Devialet use it. I think he is saying that because he's having problems with getting music to his Devialet from Roon, the Devialet isn't "ready" for Roon, that it's not capable of working with Roon in some way.

His signal path is outlined in post #10 and it does not use a network connection. It indicates that the only network connection Roon has is the Roon to internet connection unless he's also using a network connection to some other Roon endpoint in his house that he hasn't mentioned. As far as his Devialet is concerned he's using either a USB or AES connection. That means that whatever his problem is, it is most definitely not the problem generating the "audio file is loading slowly" error message that we've been talking about since the Devialet became Roon Ready in the sense that Roon use those terms.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Correctly stated. Since I do not use Roon over a network I consider it first and foremost a hi-rez music player. I apologize if my first post caused the confusion.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro, George Merrilll  Turntable, Lyra Etna Cartridge, Nordost Valhalla Speaker Wire, Sonus Faber Guarneri Speakers, Berkeley Alpha USB, NUC i7, LaCie 5TB HD.
Problem solved.

Taking Roon out of “Exclusive Mode” seems to have solved all my problems. That and using direct USB connection.

Thanks
Devialet 220 Expert Pro, George Merrilll  Turntable, Lyra Etna Cartridge, Nordost Valhalla Speaker Wire, Sonus Faber Guarneri Speakers, Berkeley Alpha USB, NUC i7, LaCie 5TB HD.
That's good news.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia