Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best input for streaming
Lightbulb 
Regarding a LUMIN U2 Mini (including a tuned power supply with the Farad Super3) the big question is which input on the Devialet should provide the best performance / sound quality.

I somehow remember that Mathieu mentioned in a High End Munich talk that it‘s AES/EBU.
It definitely should be one of the inputs which take the clock signal from the external device as unfortunately the clock in the Devialet isn’t that high quality.

Does anyone remember from talking to Mathieu / Devialet or otherwise ?
I really don't understand questions like this - when you already have the gear in your system.

I would understand if you ask for something that you don't own yet, but in this case just try all variants by yourself and choose which one is the best - for you. Why do you care what someone else says?
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Well buying a top cable (because when comparing you need to have the same product line of a brand/model) is expensive and time consuming.

And we are here not in a Lumin forum etc. rather than Devialet and I am sure this is the right place for this kind of exchange.
@markush it is correct that Mathieu has talked warmly about the AES/EBU input on Expert amps. @Confused has also discussed this in several posts here at DC. A high quality clock on the source device is advantageous when using SPDIF (AES/EBU is also SPDIF) as the destination device extracts and locks on to it instead of applying its own clock.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thank you very much @ogs for your feedback.
I am glad to get it confirmed. This should work really well as the Lumin U2 Mini has a „Quad native clock system for precision timing“ and the intending Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU has a great reputation among users.

It’s a bit sad that there seems to be no further software development for Expert line. In contrast to Lumin for example which keep improving and even gaining sound quality improvements.
Devialet could do a lot in that regard in certain areas of the Devialet.
(30-Sep-2022, 23:06)markush Wrote: This should work really well as the Lumin U2 Mini has a „Quad native clock system for precision timing“

What exactly is a “Quad native clock system” and in what way does it make the timing more precise?

What evidence can you provide to support your claim that the clock in the Devialet is “not that high quality” and in what aspect is it not that high quality?
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus