Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth Support
Music 
Hello Devialet user,

Simple question here. Does my Devialet Expert 250 Pro support a Bluetooth connection?

And if so, how do I connect my iPhone and my iPad with the 250 Pro?

Thank you very much Smile

With kind regards,

Sjors
As far as I know there is no built-in support for Bluetooth.  One way to add Bluetooth as a source is to use something like the Audioengine B1; that's quite expensive and I found a very similar but less costly alternative in the BluDento BLT-2.  The BLT-2 supports the aptX low-latency codec (among others) which I needed for my application, but there is also a BLT-HD supporting aptX HD instead if you prefer.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
If you have a home network with WIFI and your Expert is connected to it (either via WIFI or Ethernet) you can use Apple Airplay.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(11-Jan-2023, 09:09)George680 Wrote: Hello Devialet user,

Simple question here. Does my Devialet Expert 250 Pro support a Bluetooth connection?

With kind regards,

Sjors

Simple answer is - no.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(11-Jan-2023, 11:21)Delija Wrote:
(11-Jan-2023, 09:09)George680 Wrote: Hello Devialet user,

With kind regards,

Sjors

Simple answer is - no.

Thanks Delija
All Expert Pro models SHOULD support Bluetooth BUT THEY DON'T.

Bluetooth support is one of the originally promised features that has yet to be provided. In the "Software Manual" document provided with Firmware 13.1.3/DOS 2.2.4 in February 2019 it was listed as a "Main Feature" "Not supported in this release". They don't seem to have provided a similar "manual" document with the latest FW/DOS release in October 2020 so I think the mention of it with the February 2019 FW/DOS release seems to have been the last mention of Bluetooth support for the Expert Pro range and that advice is now 4 years old.

When they started releasing FW/DOS updates for the Expert Pro range they included a PDF "manual" document with every release and those documents listed the features supported by the new release, the features not yet supported, the bugs fixed and the bugs still to be fixed. The February 2019 release document seems to have been the last time that listing of information was provided.

It's now over 2 years since the last FW/DOS release and 4 years since Devialet last seem to have mentioned that Bluetooth support was still outstanding. It's hard to read that as anything other than an indication that they would like all of us to forget that there are still promised features and bug fixes outstanding.

Should you expect to see Bluetooth support provided at some time? Yes, it was part of the feature list Devialet promised would be provided for the Expert Pro range when they started selling them. On the other hand, 4 years after they last seem to have mentioned it and more than 2 years after their last FW/DOS release, my advice is not to hold your breath while you wait, in fact I'd say to give up on waiting. At this stage I wonder whether the Expert Pro range will ever receive Bluetooth support.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia