Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bookshelf recommendation for Expert Pro 220CI
(22-Oct-2022, 21:45)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:
(22-Oct-2022, 11:46)Stian_Gel Wrote: I might be projecting one of my dream speakers here, but how about the KEF Referance 1 Meta.
I was going to mention the KEF LS50 Meta, but i noticed your budget is quite abit higher.

Hi @Stian_Gel
thanks for the interesting advice. I didn't set my mind on Kef. Seems to me that Meta Series loudspeakers are a great choice. 
I put the upper limit of $ 10K, but would accept cheaper speakers as well. The price is not always a reflection of the quality or musical preference. 
Let me ask you: have you had a chance to listen to Meta 1 speakers? 
have a nice day 
Zoran

Not at this time unfortunately.
Have not seen or heard any near where i live.
Did see a used pair of the non-meta version for sale a couple of months ago. (About 4.800,- Euro)
New the Meta's cost about 10.700,- Euro
Almost everything is expensive in Norway.   Confused
Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar KEF KC62  |  Devialet Expert 250 Pro KEF LS50 Meta  |  KEF LSX
Have you heard any of the Sonus Faber stand mount speakers? Might be a good match for the 220. I am using Olympica IIIs but the Olympica Nova I’s might be worth looking into. The Minima Amator II doesn’t go low enough IMO but will have that magic that may be worth integrating a sub.
(03-Nov-2022, 03:32)sfdude Wrote: Have you heard any of the Sonus Faber stand mount speakers? Might be a good match for the 220. I am using Olympica IIIs but the Olympica Nova I’s might be worth looking into. The Minima Amator II doesn’t go low enough IMO but will have that magic that may be worth integrating a sub.

Hi @sfdude
thanks for the recommendation. Actually, I didn't. Have a dealer nearby and will go to listen to it. 
Let me ask you, which speakers you had before Sonus Faber attached to Devialet? 
thanks
Zoran
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
(03-Nov-2022, 15:18)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:
(03-Nov-2022, 03:32)sfdude Wrote: Have you heard any of the Sonus Faber stand mount speakers? Might be a good match for the 220. I am using Olympica IIIs but the Olympica Nova I’s might be worth looking into. The Minima Amator II doesn’t go low enough IMO but will have that magic that may be worth integrating a sub.

Hi @sfdude
thanks for the recommendation. Actually, I didn't. Have a dealer nearby and will go to listen to it. 
thanks
Zoran

I have only had SF Olympica IIIs (floorstanders) with my Devialet. Prior to that was a Luxman integrated which had less "life" to it, sounded nice and warm and fuzzy but was not a good match.
(21-Oct-2022, 22:31)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: Hi guys, 
what would you recommend for bookshelf speakers to be connected on Expert Pro 220 CI. 
The room size is 7,5m x 4,5 m (around 33 square meters). I already listened Expert Pro on Floorstanders (Dynaudio) and know that floorstander will fit better for this room size, but, somehow don't like floorstanders Smile in living room. 
I have narrowed my search towards: 
- Focal Sopra 1 
- Marten Oscar Duo/Trio 
- Tad Me1 
It is OK to attach a sub.  

Would you suggest something other? Or, out of these 3 reveal your favorite Smile 

Listening to the jazz /ambient/piano. 

Thanks
Zoran
Hi.
If possible give a try some kef reference 1 ,you might be positively surprised as I am with my expert 1000 pro.

Just a note i also had focal sopra 1 and diablo utopia lll..
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug
(04-Nov-2022, 17:25)sfdude Wrote:
(03-Nov-2022, 15:18)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:

Hi @sfdude
thanks
Zoran

I have only had SF Olympica IIIs (floorstanders) with my Devialet. Prior to that was a Luxman integrated which had less "life" to it, sounded nice and warm and fuzzy but was not a good match.

Ok, thanks for letting me know that. 
Best
Zoran
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
(04-Nov-2022, 21:20)winiar560 Wrote:
what would you recommend for bookshelf speakers to be connected on Expert Pro 220 CI. 
The room size is 7,5m x 4,5 m (around 33 square meters). I already listened Expert Pro on Floorstanders (Dynaudio) and know that floorstander will fit better for this room size, but, somehow don't like floorstanders Smile in living room. 
- Focal Sopra 1 
- Marten Oscar Duo/Trio 
- Tad Me1 

Would you suggest something other? Or, out of these 3 reveal your favorite Smile 

Thanks
Zoran
Hi.
If possible give a try some kef reference 1 ,you might be positively surprised as I am with my expert 1000 pro.

Hi @winiar560
many thanks for expressing your opinion. 
Let me ask you, you mentioned that you "had" Sopra 1. 
Are you still running Sopra 1, or you amended them with Kef? 
btw, seems to me my local dealer has that in stock, will go there and give it a try. 
Cheers
Zoran
(06-Nov-2022, 21:13)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:
(04-Nov-2022, 21:20)winiar560 Wrote:
- Focal Sopra 1 
- Marten Oscar Duo/Trio 
- Tad Me1 

Thanks
Zoran
Hi.

Hi @winiar560
btw, seems to me my local dealer has that in stock, will go there and give it a try. 
Cheers
Zoran
Hi Zoran

I had sopra 1 first then upgraded to diablo utopia lll but found it actually I've preferred the previously owned sopra 1 to them diablos(they were extremely fast and acurate) but to me lost the magic I had with sopras.

The diablo utopia lll might be a better speakers for some people preffer more this type of sound or possibly own some warmer sounding amplifiers.

Had then decided to sell diablos and found some kef reference 1 at a great price I could not missed.

The kefs sounding lovely with my expert 1000 .
It could be a good test to compare them directly to sopra 1 but I am very happy with the result with kefs so will stay with them for a while longer.

Note that I also had a kef reference 3 floorstanders at some point before and as found them to bass overwhelming my small room so this time went with a standmounts.

Believe me or not the kef reference 1 standmount also still have incredible bass response and caused my room modes amplifying and I wasn't happy at first until ive finally decided to measure my room acoustically and aplied EQ dsp filter in the sweet room which have 90 % resolved the problem.
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug
(06-Nov-2022, 21:34)winiar560 Wrote:
(06-Nov-2022, 21:13)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:
(04-Nov-2022, 21:20)winiar560 Wrote: Hi.

Hi @winiar560
Cheers
Zoran
Hi Zoran

I had sopra 1 first then upgraded to diablo utopia lll but found it actually I've preferred the previously owned sopra 1 to them diablos(they were extremely fast and acurate) but to me lost the magic I had with sopras.

The diablo utopia lll might be a better speakers for some people preffer more this type of sound or possibly own some warmer sounding amplifiers.

Had then decided to sell diablos and found some kef reference 1 at a great price I could not missed.

It could be a good test to compare them directly to sopra 1 but I am very happy with the result with kefs so will stay with them for a while longer.

Note that I also had a kef reference 3 floorstanders at some point before and as found them to bass overwhelming my small room so this time went with a standmounts.

Believe me or not the kef reference 1 standmount also still have incredible bass response and caused my room modes amplifying and I wasn't happy at first until ive finally decided to measure my room acoustically and aplied EQ dsp filter in the sweet room which have 90 % resolved the problem.

Hi @winiar560
many thanks for the comprehensive answer. Highly appreciate it and your time. 
You definitely made me interested in this Kef. Especially for, you who had Sopra 1 (which is my favorite so far) and then moved to Kef Reference 1. My room is 7,5m x 4,5 m. Around 34 square meters. At the time being, I have floorstanders, and pretty sure that floorstander will fill the room better than a bookshelf (in other words: Sopra 2 will be a better choice than Sopra 1), but somehow, I don't have a dedicated room for Hi-Fi, and really don't want the speakers to take the spotlight in my living room.
 Smile About the price: on the website of my local dealer the price is around 9.000 euros per pair. Have to call them tomorrow, and check it out. 
BTW, you mentioned that you're satisfied with the bass response, so, what is the size of your room?
Maybe I won't need any subs along Smile 

best 
Zoran
(06-Nov-2022, 23:44)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:
(06-Nov-2022, 21:34)winiar560 Wrote:
(06-Nov-2022, 21:13)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: Hi @winiar560
Cheers
Zoran
Hi Zoran

Hi @winiar560
many thanks for the comprehensive answer. Highly appreciate it and your time. 
You definitely made me interested in this Kef. Especially for, you who had Sopra 1 (which is my favorite so far) and then moved to Kef Reference 1. My room is 7,5m x 4,5 m. Around 34 square meters. At the time being, I have floorstanders, and pretty sure that floorstander will fill the room better than a bookshelf (in other words: Sopra 2 will be a better choice than Sopra 1), but somehow, I don't have a dedicated room for Hi-Fi, and really don't want the speakers to take the spotlight in my living room.
 Smile About the price: on the website of my local dealer the price is around 9.000 euros per pair. Have to call them tomorrow, and check it out. 
BTW, you mentioned that you're satisfied with the bass response, so, what is the size of your room?
Maybe I won't need any subs along Smile 

best 
Zoran

Hi Zoran
My room is only around 16sqm so very small compared to yours.
I think the kef reference 1 could possibly work very well in your room though in 34 sqm I would definitely recommend a floorstanders to be completely satisfied and in your case you are going in the right direction with focal sopra 2 which I was also considering but they would be too big for my small room.

My suggestion is have a listen and compare focal sopra 2 with kef reference 3 at least at the dealer place to get a general idea of theirs sound signatures and which you preffer .

I can tell you for sure that for the short period of time I had owned the Kef reference 3 they have the best bass response (quality,texture,etc) of all the speakers ive heard so far-highly recommended.