Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cable science?
Interesting video to watch, and after that think about our fancy audiophile power and speaker cables.

The Big Misconception About Electricity - YouTube
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
This has been known for 140 years and if you had studied physics at higher level, you'd also know. This fact just further justifies the need for a well designed audio cable (you can call it fancy if you want). All respectable audio cable manufacturers would have a physicist or electro engineer on board for who this is common knowledge and they take it into account.
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
If anyone is interested. Here is "the original". Less attractive title but they were not paid for click-bait YouTube titles. So really, no "Big misconception" among those who design cables.
https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/p...5gR7ygGhrA&
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
In the context of this, perhaps this is why cable lifters can make a difference, or the placement of cables away from certain surfaces.

BTW @zdenes I see in your signature you use Zcable sleeves. Are these shielding sleeves? I was looking for something to shield wrap the power cables inside my PC. I ended up using Faraday Fabric, but it is conductive, so I had to be careful not to let it touch anything that could cause a short.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
(23-Nov-2021, 11:49)hardcore Wrote: In the context of this, perhaps this is why cable lifters can make a difference, or the placement of cables away from certain surfaces.

BTW @zdenes I see in your signature you use Zcable sleeves. Are these shielding sleeves? I was looking for something to shield wrap the power cables inside my PC. I ended up using Faraday Fabric, but it is conductive, so I had to be careful not to let it touch anything that could cause a short.

You are very right about cable lifters. I'm not sure how branded ones matter in this case.
I'm not exactly sure why/how Z-sleeves work. I think they work as large choke coils / beads to filter RFI/EMI.
You can find online reviews but I doubt you can even find them used now. I bought them twenty years ago.
I'm part of a network and we have done around 400 tests with annealed copper mostly exposed to fractal geometries. Copper is sensitive for external influences and one can easily hear the differences. It looks like a field connected to neutrons governs the coherence of cables. The math behind it is also found in the DNA.
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède