Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning the Devialet
Little brown spots on the Devialet is fly shit. For these creatures a Devialet is a nice warm landing and take off platform. I have invested in a fly curtain in the door to keep them outside, does wonders :-)
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
I use copper polish product to give back my Phantom gold side plates its original rose gold and it works like a champ. For other parts I use medical alcohol with microfiber cloth to wipe off stains and dust, works pretty fine too
(17-Jan-2016, 13:24)KraaijCheck Wrote: Hi Guys, maybe a really stupid question. But how do you guys keep you're beloved Devialet clean? When i don't regularly polish de Devialet with a dust towel there are all kinds of little brown spots on the Devialet. Then i have to polish really good to brush them away. Anyone using a special kind of cleaning material?

My chrome Expert Pro had spots on it that wouldn't come off using just the microfiber cloth.  So, I moistened the microfiber cloth with some alcohol-less window cleaner.  That was a mistake. It took off the spots but left streaks that wouldn't rub out.  Finally, I tried "Weiman's Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish".  

Amazon.com: Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish - Microfiber Cloth - Protects Appliances from Fingerprints and Leaves a Streak-Free Shine for Refrigerator | Dishwasher | Oven | Grill : Health & Household.  

I applied the stainless-steel cleaner to a microfiber cloth and wiped the Expert Pro with it.  Then I used a clean part of the microfiber cloth to wipe it off and it polished great, with no streaks.