Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSD64 on Coaxial Input?
Anyone know if that works on the 120?  I understand it would be over/via DOP.

The Devialet website says it does work on the 140 Pro, but I can't find any info on the 120 and Devialet was stumpted by the question.

Thanks for any help.
It should work:

"The entire Expert range is now compatible with the
DoP protocol (DSD over PCM). This new feature is available through the USB input but also on
the digital XLR input (AES/EBU), the TOSLINK optical input and all coaxial digital inputs
(S/PDIF). A completely unique feature."
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
Thanks Frejo! Where did you find that?
In the White Paper this is quoted from, Devialet mentions DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256. We know DSD64 works, but it would be nice to know if 128 and 256 also works. Can anyone test?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Link to white paper?
https://www.devialet.com/media/wysiwyg/d...warev8.pdf
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
I have tried dsd128 och 256. I have not been able to get sound from it. I am pretty sure Devialet only support up to dsd64
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Devialet Gemini
Thanks so much both of you. I’m optimistic, but will wait for final confirmation from Devialet about the 120. Great to get such smart help here.
Thanks for testing @frejo There were some talks (rumours) some years ago that 128 and maybe 256 would be supported, but that evidently never happened.
Devialetless!
@ismarketing The white paper linked above is from 2015, software 8.0, and predates pro. So there should not be any need waiting for an answer from Devialet.
Devialet Gemini