Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet’s « next revolution » upcoming? (Christmas 2022)
It’s a new portable loudspeaker called Devialet Mania.
can it be used as a stand alone multiroom speaker using ac power and connect in phrase with phantom using devialet app?
[Image: devialet-mania-embed-01-1667484616.jpg?resize=980:*]
[Image: devialet-mania-inline-1667484617.jpg?resize=768:*]
Looks like an Alibaba product. Over the years I have convinced many people that Devialet isn't just a luxury lifestyle brand but actually really disruptive HiFi thanks to incredible engineering. The convincing is getting harder and harder.
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
(07-Nov-2022, 10:12)WesCrackin Wrote: Looks like an Alibaba product. 

For me it looks great , so it's like always a question of taste.
The question is if it is designed to be outdoor friendly or not. In my opinion, for in-house usage Phantoms are already cool. If Devialet say portable I expect it to compete with the others that have IPXX water protection but from the look I have a feeling that it has fabric coating. For me, only reason to buy a battery driven speaker is to use it outdoor but seems like this won't fit to my taste. Let's wait for the website to be back and we can see the details.
Ha! £690 for a phone speaker.

https://www.stuff.tv/hot-stuff/audio/dev...reo-sound/

https://www.devialet.com/media/dvl_media...RT_WEB.pdf
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
I'm sure it will sound great. Imo, pricing seems fine assuming it will deliver and you're OK with the appearance. What's wrong with a "phone speaker"? Want to bring your turntable to BBQ on the lake?
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
(06-Nov-2022, 10:43)blair.athol Wrote: A true mobile high-end speaker is something missing in Devialet's portfolio to my understanding.
I would expect not only Bluetooth 5.0 but Airplay 2 as well. A high protection class, at least IPx4, against dust and water would make sense.

You called it well.

- Bluetooth 5.0 (A2DP, AVRCP)
- Airplay 2
- Spotify Connect 
- Ipx4
Looks very nice to me.
A bit pricey but i don´t know how it sounds, yet.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.