Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Devialet AIR driver update
Just noticed that there are new versions of Devialet AIR for both Windows and macOS, released earlier this month (July 2022).

Windows version 4.0 supports Windows 10 64-bit.
macOS versiion 4.0.1 supports Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey.

A pleasant surprise to see the current version(s) of macOS being supported.

Release Notes (translated from French):

Quote:Release Notes - Devialet Air for macOS 4.0.1 and for Windows 4.0

On July 4, 2022, we published the driver Devialet Air for macOS 4.0.1 and the driver Devialet Air for Windows 4.0.

These versions include the following improvements (compared to Devialet Air for macOS 3.0.5 - for Windows 3.0.4):
  • Better support on Catalina macOS.
  • Accounting with Big Sur macOS and Monterey macOS (Intel & Apple M1).
  • Better support for the latest versions of Windows 10 (64 bits only).
  • Correction of a crash of Devialet Air pilots for Windows
  • For older versions of Windows and macOS, please use previous versions of Devialet Air driver (available on devialet.com)

Note: Devialet Air drivers for macOS will ask you for permission to use the microphone. This is necessary for technical reasons only (Devialet Air pilots do not use your microphone).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I was very excited until I realized that it supports the previous windows version.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
@Cylob - sorry to raise your hopes!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
At least it's an update!
And good to see that the Mac users finally able to use AIR again.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
It is amazing! I had no hopes about this, especially for M1 Macs. I don't know how to thank Devialet. Maybe more miracles are on the way, who knows Smile

Though they broke my legs, they gave me a crutch to walk
works for me with frequent dropouts! No dropouts with airplay. Back to my Innuous via USB even I like the Qobuz app on my Macs better than the Innuos Sense app.
Probably the dropouts are happening because of your local network setup. I have a Mac Mini (2018), both MacOS and Bootcamp Windows 7 handles the AIR with no dropouts in any resolution. (24bit 192kHz included)

And the most funny part is, I purchased a 100mbit switch to avoid the dropouts and it didn’t work. I ended up upgrading my local network structure and now Mac Mini is connected to the router with a Bluejean network cable (super cheap) and Devialet is also connected in the same way. From the very begining I was a big fan of AIR sound and I am happy to have it both in Mac and Windows back.

Only bug that has newer been solved and still happens is in Windows version. Randomly the AIR app could crash and you won’t be able to reuse AIR without resetting your Devialet. But as this one doesn’t happen super frequently it is not end of the world.

Now my main driver is:
Audirvana -> Dirac Live Processor -> Devialet AIR -> Devialet with a Eth Cab
Both my Innuos and D250 is connected to the router via ethernet but my MacBook Pro is WiFi to the router (I move around with it) and except Devialet Air I have no WIFI issues (including Airplay if one does not count sound quality).
I've been A/B-ing AIR 3.0.1 public beta and AIR 4.0 for an hour with 4 of my testing tracks.
Not quite happy with the new version. 4.0 seems louder most of all. The vocals on one of the tracks have a little distortion at some points even.
Bass is also heavier. Controlled, but a bit too heavy for my taste.
This of course is on my system and with my ears, so do test it yourself. It might be completely the other way around with your setup and to your ears.

But I am happy with a new version. Good to see AIR still gets updated.
Only discovered this update today, not having looked at this site for some time. I installed it on to my HP Win11 machine and Tidal managed to to stream one track to my Expert Pro 220 before Devialet AIR was disabled and no option to enable. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but cannot get it working again. This is presumably a Win11 compatibility issue but I have no idea how to resolve. Any thoughts? I would have hoped that Devialet would not put out an update that failed to address all previous compatibility issues.