Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dione HW or firmware issue?
Question 
My brand new Devialet Dione Opera de Paris had a random issue where a loud noise played then the right channel speakers stopped working. At first I switched it off and on and recalibrated it and it worked, then it happened again without anything playing. This time it never went back to working. 

Before the right channel stopped working nothing was playing on the Devialet at all, but a loud shhhhhh noise sound played and then the right channels altogether stopped. The center orb is working fine as well as the left side channels.

I’m still waiting for more feedback from Devialet service team but if you had any information it would be helpful. 

If it helps, my TV is LG G2 65”, the HDMI cable used is the original one that came with the Dione, the ARC/eARC HDMI output is configured as Passthrough, and CEC is enabled. 
Looks like hardware problem.
Nobody reported this (?) I never saw something like this on the Internet.
Quick update:

After investigation Devialet software team decided there might be a hardware issue with the unit I purchased and will exchange it.

Looking forward to the new unit!
Out of curiosity, did you immediately connect it to a TV when you encountered the problem? What brand and model? I'm also interested in the opera de paris version, but I've had products in the past which, due to the few connections available, didn't communicate correctly with the tv via the only hdmi, encountering about the same problems as yours.
(26-Jan-2023, 18:26)BA5KE Wrote: Out of curiosity, did you immediately connect it to a TV when you encountered the problem? What brand and model? I'm also interested in the opera de paris version, but I've had products in the past which, due to the few connections available, didn't communicate correctly with the tv via the only hdmi, encountering about the same problems as yours.

The issue happened with Bluetooth connected only the first time. After which I thought something was wrong with the song I played. But then I switched the Dione off then on again and removed the room calibration and calibrated one more time then it worked. The next day without anything playing at all but while it’s connected to the TV the noise happened.

The TV is LG G2 Gallery Edition (OLED65G26LA)

I think indeed the issue is hardware related as non of the sources played sound on the right side of the Dione after.
A quick update to all, I had received a brand new unit from Devialet, and it works perfectly fine!
Apparently the one I had initially purchased had a manufacturing defect.
I love Devialet and the great level of service!
Congrats!
But we still don't have HDMI problem resolved Sad
(17-Feb-2023, 14:28)VAL Wrote: Congrats!
But we still don't have HDMI problem resolved Sad

Hi VAL,

I’m not sure I’m facing the HDMI problem, can you elaborate what the problem is?

Maybe because my TV is different? I’m using LG G2 65” Gallery Edition
Your TV is okay.
Problems have mostly Sony and Samsung.
We are waiting for Devialet's system update...
Another update. This time not only is my Virgin controller able to alter the volume it actually shows the volume level. Getting there.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.