Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dione HW or firmware issue?
OMG...
Devialet's answer:

"Thanks for reaching out.

This update was for the app itself, not a firmware version for Dione. This being from app v1.19 -> v1.20.

Kindest regards,"

🤬
I have the same problem. My dione periodically loses the right channel and only turning off and turning on the power helps. After that, everything works again.
(01-Mar-2023, 15:52)dsamjjlenk Wrote: I have the same problem. My dione periodically loses the right channel and only turning off and turning on the power helps. After that, everything works again.

If the issue keeps happening periodically it could be related to TV compatibility or source. I suggest to reach out to Devialet’s Service team, they are very responsive!

If you’re issue is hardware related, I don’t believe the issue would be fixed with a restart.
(31-Mar-2023, 05:21)Moabash Wrote:
(01-Mar-2023, 15:52)dsamjjlenk Wrote: I have the same problem. My dione periodically loses the right channel and only turning off and turning on the power helps. After that, everything works again.

If the issue keeps happening periodically it could be related to TV compatibility or source. I suggest to reach out to Devialet’s Service team, they are very responsive!

If you’re issue is hardware related, I don’t believe the issue would be fixed with a restart.

Yeah, they are very responsive... "thank you for message, workin' on it" blah blah... still no solution  Angry
(04-Apr-2023, 21:39)VAL Wrote:
(31-Mar-2023, 05:21)Moabash Wrote:

Yeah, they are very responsive... "thank you for message, workin' on it" blah blah... still no solution  Angry

He said "very responsive" and not "quick solution". Wink

I am in conversation now for more then 3 month. Around 10 issues I found.
Not solution for any....

And most of them should be quickly done by an experienced developer.
I.e. on/off by CEC should be easy. The ON/OFF button on top is a soft button. So it is by software.
Same for CEC mute. Off by idle timer - where is the issue?
Just some examples.....
(05-Apr-2023, 13:08)hulster Wrote:
(04-Apr-2023, 21:39)VAL Wrote:
(31-Mar-2023, 05:21)Moabash Wrote: If the issue keeps happening periodically it could be related to TV compatibility or source. I suggest to reach out to Devialet’s Service team, they are very responsive!

He said "very responsive" and not "quick solution". Wink

I am in conversation now for more then 3 month. Around 10 issues I found.
Not solution for any....

And most of them should be quickly done by an experienced developer.
I.e. on/off by CEC should be easy. The ON/OFF button on top is a soft button. So it is by software.
Same for CEC mute. Off by idle timer - where is the issue?
Just some examples.....

I agree that there might be issues I’m not experiencing. But it all depends what type of tv is used. From development perspective, if there are multiple issues under the radar of any development team they release a hot fix to repair them all in the form of a future release. I don’t work for Devialet but I know how DevOps work. In my case there was a hardware failure where they replaced the unit with a brand new one in less than a week.
I bought the Dione and want to love it, it looks great and it feels like the hardware side is there. but the sound is just “wrong” on both Atmos and non-Atmos content. My Beosound stage has a more pleasing sound and is better with Atmos (which is was not expecting to be the case). The Andrew Robinson review was unfortunately spot on to what is wrong here.

What are Devialet like usually with updates?
(14-May-2023, 10:30)Nellgrove Wrote: I bought the Dione and want to love it, it looks great and it feels like the hardware side is there. but the sound is just “wrong” on both Atmos and non-Atmos content. My Beosound stage has a more pleasing sound and is better with Atmos (which is was not expecting to be the case). The Andrew Robinson review was unfortunately spot on to what is wrong here.

What are Devialet like usually with updates?

Agree that the Beosound sounds better than the Dione but find it less expansive. Still, after a week with the Dione, I’m ready to take it down and put the Stage back out.
I`m pissed. Still no update.
Instead of selling special color editions they should force software dev.