Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Devialet Dome Woofer thickness
Hi there,

the phantom woofer is not a slim aluminum dome but really thick. Why and how was it calculated?
(20-Sep-2021, 23:05)CertifiedLoverBoy98 Wrote: Hi there,

the phantom woofer is not a slim aluminum dome but really thick. Why and how was it calculated?
To get a proper answer you have to ask Devialet's engineers.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(21-Sep-2021, 16:36)ragwo Wrote:

To get a proper answer you have to ask Devialet's engineers.

If I only had someone's email address their: D
It probably has to be rather thick because it is very exposed. But reading about all the mishaps and dents happening to the woofer it is still not thick enough.

The thickest the best for resistance, the lightest the best for movement...  but considering resistance they are two main factors :

people's mistake manipulating their speaker but also the resistance during excursions at a high volume. Considering this speaker has a closed enclosure, there is a really strong "sucking effort" there than needs a hard membrane !
(23-Sep-2021, 12:58)frix Wrote: It probably has to be rather thick because it is very exposed. But reading about all the mishaps and dents happening to the woofer it is still not thick enough.

It only takes the flick of a finger to dent the Phantom I woofer (I learned the hard way!)
Thickness it to withstand the enormous pressure. This is a sealed design with very large excursion.

When you have SAM and over 1kW to drive each speaker thanks to ADH, weight is not really an issue.

My two cents,

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France