Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet: Melding engineer with designer
No, it's not a case of undertaking a post-mortem as such, but coming across these images the other day I thought it would be nice to share.  I for one - although technically inadequate in most ways - find it fascinating to look at these 'blown-up' images, just to see what an artistic manufacturing process is involved in the 'art of hiding away the technology' as much as is feasibly possible.

Looking at a real-life Phantom and then at these images just goes to show what processing thought goes into such products in order to hide 'any way inside' and the streamlining of the whole design process. I can barely imagine creating such an oeuvre d'art from scratch, never mind instigating such ideas inside my head.

Being a life-long purchaser of Bang & Olufsen and recognising the design process that goes into their products, it strikes me that Devialet belongs in a class of its own... design & engineer melded together in perfect unison.

" I like the simple things in life... nothing complicated.  Unfortunately, as I get older, everything seems to become more arduous, convoluted & certainly much more problematic " : (Source: me, 2022)
The big Phantom is simply a fantastic construction, a tour de force in electro-mechanical design. I just wish Devialet would use a bit of time to make Phantoms time coincident with a better (more even) amplitude response. That could easily be done considering the DSP power it has.
Much the same goes for the tiny Phantom. Making it so small is a triumph in it self, but having designed the big ones first probably made it easier.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB