Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet at Munich this year!
(11-Feb-2020, 22:05)musialsuspect Wrote: I think they'll be pushing their brand new Phantom Reactor Custom surround sound system.

I fervently hope they'll bring along an Expert Pro with them. If they don't, that's a statement in and of itself.

Expert is a far better fit with High End... I am pretty sure they realise this therefore I am hopeful that something interesting will be announced. Who knows? At the very least their presence there will reassure us that Expert is still alive. “Out of sight, out of mind” as they say...

I am planning on being there from Thursday through to Saturday and, as I’m sure The General will attest, it’s cracking fun!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Yes you cannot fail to find a few interesting aspects.

For first time attendees the show is overwhelming - so many exhibitors in (I guess) five different areas each approaching a football pitch in size

Then there is the ultra high end show, free at the Marriott. Innovative exhibitors there and acoustically favourable rooms.

Nice restaurants, good airport access with a fine underground system, and lots of approachable famous names to bump into.

And this year Mathieu doing Devialet and Guillaume doing Shunyata! I guess that is a first?
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Guillaume, you would know far better than I. Thanks for the education.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
(11-Feb-2020, 17:21)IanG-UK Wrote: I am pleased to announce that The Confused One has appointed me official bookmaker for Devialet Munich 2020.

Betting odds are being computed but provisional odds are

1 Devialet not turning up                                                                                         2/1
2 Devialet turning up on wrong day                                                                          5/1
3 Devialet turning up in wrong year                                                                          10/1
4 Devialet sharing room with Bose                                                                            10/1
5 Devialet launching new universal software for Expert and Phantom                            15/2  (with faults)
  (same)                                                                                                                 20/1 (with software virus)
  (same)                                                                                                                 50/1 (with corona virus)
  (same)                                                                                                                 100/1 (fault free)
6 Devialet announce appointment of Quentin Sannie  as Head of the Unexpected Events 20/1
7 Devialet gifting all over 5 years DevialetChat members with new UdA *                      1000/1 

* L'Unoriginal d'Atelier
 I'll put 20 on 5 with Corona virus. I know I could double my money again by going for a fault free software update but that's a gamble I just can't take.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
It is good to see that Devialet are exhibiting once again. This forum has seen a few posts of late along the lines of "Devialet have abandoned the Expert range". OK, I understand why some people may have this impression, zero communication, and zero updates since the introduction of the slightly buggy Roon RAAT last year. On the flip side, Devialet have been advertising the Expert, some reviews have been appearing, and now we have Munich. Taking all this together is a little more positive.

In terms of predicting what exactly Devialet will be exhibiting, I suspect that that there will be no new announcements of anything new or significant. Rather, Devialet will simply be demonstrating what they have now. Mindful this is a self confessed "high end" show, I would expect either the 1000 Pro to be demonstrated, or more likely the Devialet AXD active crossover system. So a nice Expert Pro system demonstrated, but nothing new announced.

In addition to the above, I would not be surprised if Devialet had something like the Audi Q5 that they demonstrated at CES this year:

https://www.whathifi.com/features/devial...r-speakers

If they had this at CES, why not demonstrate something similar Munich?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(11-Feb-2020, 22:30)IanG-UK Wrote: and Guillaume doing Shunyata

Actually I go to Munich to check out all the latest and the greatest, catch up with other audiophile lunatics and drink beer. As a customer of Shunyata's I will spend some time with them both at the show and off-site (last year for e.g. we had a amazing night out at the BLITZ nightclub where the legendary Dixon played a set) and it's always a great opportunity to meet other distributors and prospective dealers... but really my primary purpose is to explore and find new stuff. So you could say that it's the passion for the hobby that comes first, hence how I became involved with this forum and then the industry itself as a distributor. 

Cheers,

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(11-Feb-2020, 20:09)Waiski Wrote: They will launch Micro Reactor. Fits in pocket and can be used as keychain.

You are almost right in relation to where it fits.

This new product will serve two purposes.

With its IBT (immersive base throbbing), correctly positioned, it will act as a high power vibrator - and, what's more, customers will be able to talk out of their a**es.
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

England
(12-Feb-2020, 15:28)IanG-UK Wrote:
(11-Feb-2020, 20:09)Waiski Wrote: They will launch Micro Reactor. Fits in pocket and can be used as keychain.

You are almost right in relation to where it fits.

This new product will serve two purposes.

With its IBT (immersive base throbbing), correctly positioned, it will act as a high power vibrator - and, what's more, customers will be able to talk out of their a**es.
So it will be like this? Of course competitor but(t) better.

[Image: 2799f43f2eb2cf911faa1906ef62abc2.jpg]
GRRR

Apple think of everything
MacBook Pro (with Air)

England
I keep wanting to make a comment on that concealable subwoofer but I'm resisting (that's a bit like John Cage's statement that "I have nothing to say and I am saying it").

More seriously, however, if we regard the Expert Pro range as Devialet's high end offerings, and I wouldn't write the Phantom range off on that ground given the serious following active systems like the Kiii Three and others are getting, what could Devialet do to show that they're still committed to the Expert Pro range?

Well, the really simple thing they could do would be to roll out another firmware update. It's now 12 months since the last update and that listed Bluetooth as a still outstanding feature and a couple of bugs not resolved at that stage, as well as adding the RAAT gigabit connection bug. A firmware update delivering on the outstanding items from the last update is well and truly overdue and it would be great if they fixed the RAAT bug as well. Toss in something additional which could be delivered by firmware as an added sweetener and all of us Expert Pro owners would not only be reassured that Devialet are still committed to the range, and we'd think all of our Christmasses had come at once. Make that a truly bug free update and we'd be over the moon.

I liked @IanG-UK 's betting odds list but what are the real odds of a new firmware update to coincide with the Munich show?
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia