Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet at Munich this year!
It's a pity but the Munich show has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus.

https://darko.audio/2020/02/cancelled-mu...-end-2020/
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Damn... Expert owners just missed the opportunity for Devialet to release new firmware...  Big Grin
Bad news, but health comes first. 
Devialet can breathe again, no customers ask the annoying questions Big Grin  Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I wondered why Devialet planned to come the the High End again. There must have been something they wanted to announce. Now I wonder whether they will announce whatever it was earlier because there's not going to be a show to make said announcement.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Munich may have been cancelled, for what are entirely understandable reasons, but Devialet still have an opportunity to make their big announcements (or small ones), or do whatever else they wanted to do, via Audiophile Style’s “virtual high end Munich”.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic...nt-1034322

I look forward to Devialet’s contribution! (I’m ever the optimist)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I don't think that Devialet would use a site like Audiophile Style for big or small announcements, simply because the audience wouldn't be as large as they would like. Munich provides a showplace for a lot of things that aren't normally covered by Audiophile Style whose readers are a group linked by a shared interest in streaming/computer based audio which is definitely a significant source of the Munich show audience but which is only one of a number of audio interests drawing exhibitors and visitors to the Munich show.

On the other hand, the organisers of the Munich show could offer to host a "virtual show" on their website and encourage companies who were intending to exhibit at the show to post announcements and other info there. A "virtual show" on the Munich show's official site could be expected to get reported, with links, by the magazines/reviewers/web sites which normally provide coverage of the official show and that would probably deliver the sort of audience that exhibitors were hoping for at the show.

I think the "virtual show" is a really good idea just looking for a suitable website that would get the publicity and draw the kind of audience that a physical show would deliver and the organisers of the show are ideally suited to hosting such a site in my view.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
@David A - I pretty much agree with your assessment per the post above.

That said, there is a different way of looking at this.  It may be that the organisers could offer to host a virtual show, and I agree this would be better.  However, maybe they will not, and sometimes in life you need to look at what is there and available, rather that worry about what is not there but would be better.  (a bit like thinking about CI board software) Confused

In other words, the Audiophile Style offering may not be ideal but at least it is there and they have taken the initiative. Time will tell if anything better emerges.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Does anybody know about a „substitute“.
We know Devialet is testing bugfixes so there should be a new firmware close ahead.
Maybe finally also some new features or some of those promised long ago.
Anyone know more?
HighEnd 2021 Munich is canceled! Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
What a shame. Was kind of hoping it would go ahead this year after being postponed to September. Time for Devialet to give the Expert range some well deserved attention.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands