Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet dione with tv arc and splitter earc
Hello everyone good morning, I'm about to buy the devialet dione opera de paris, for the owners, how are you finding yourself with this soundbar? I have a Samsung q9fn TV from 2018 only Arc to which I will connect my uhd player, is it worth it? by connecting a splitter like l hd Fury arcana could I make him pass the Atmos directly from the player or is the dione a bit fussy when it comes to connections? Thanks so much.
Just watching my Samsung TV, circa 2021, via my Dione using eARC and an HDMI connection from my Virgin box. In the initial weeks post installation I had lip sync issues and no sound control via the Virgin handset. But by bit all of these issues have been resolved satisfactorily by Devialet. They are not terribly transparent with updates as they are automatic and quite discrete, but the quality of sound absolutely follows the quality of the production whether Dolby Atmos or UHD music. Am afraid that mumbling dialogue, for some reason inherent in too many dramas, is still mumbling dialogue.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
I am having a Samsung Q85R running. As my ATV needs LPCM in most cases (just Dolby Atmos not), but the TV does not pass it through I was forced to use a HDMI switch.
Still I have a PS5 connected to the TV as the switch does not have enought ports.
Even switching from TV + PS5 switching to some source via the switch works fine in MOST cases.
Sometimes the Dione does not detect the new source for some reason. Devialet is aware and promised this should be solved in next firmware version.
My HDMI switch allows to disable/enable eARC. This seems to force the Dione to detect the new source again. So I do not neet to reboot it.