Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet products : info & specifications
Devialet products : info & specifications

I didn't know where to post this, but 'Devialet Classroom' is as good as any.  I am aiming, after all, for this post to be all about Devialet products past & present, and where forum users can post information & specifications concerning speakers and amplifiers that Devialet has - and had - on the marketplace.

It's aimed at the new Devialet owner (like me) and collates information pertaining to what the company's products can and cannot do. Are they Roon-ready, for example? What's the difference between the different coloured shiny panels on Phantom speakers? What's the output for each of the speakers?

So, here goes... please add info about the range of speakers and amplifiers as you see fit. It may help educate and fill in users' knowledge of Devialet products and maybe even put right a few misconceptions. I hope that it will be helpful to people.

( The Roon information is taken from the Roon / Devialet Devialet & Roon compatibility ) : 

" I like the simple things in life... nothing complicated.  Unfortunately, as I get older, everything seems to become more arduous, convoluted & certainly much more problematic " : (Source: me, 2022)
1. The hidden information within Devialet Phantom serial numbers :

H 2014
I 2015
J 2016
K 2017
L 2018
M 2019
N 2020
O 2021
P 2022

Taking the first three digits of your product’s serial number will show you the year and month when it was manufactured.

Thus, 'N43' would represent a 2020 Devialet product, manufactured in week 43.

2. The hidden information within Devialet Expert Pro serial numbers :

An example serial number would be something like this : 12345F2 and 12346F2 (consecutive numbers for two 220 Pros sold as a 440 Pro) manufactured in 2019.

In the case of the serials ending in 'F1', this would signify an earlier manufacture year, 2016 / 17.
" I like the simple things in life... nothing complicated.  Unfortunately, as I get older, everything seems to become more arduous, convoluted & certainly much more problematic " : (Source: me, 2022)
Not true for Expert Pro serial numbers.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(30-Jan-2022, 16:27)Delija Wrote: Not true for Expert Pro serial numbers.

100% in agreement !
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(30-Jan-2022, 18:52)audio_engr Wrote:
(30-Jan-2022, 16:27)Delija Wrote: Not true for Expert Pro serial numbers.

100% in agreement !
Can you let me know how the serials are worked out for Expert Pro, please ?

If it's not a secret then I shall add your information to the little list.

Thanks in advance. Steve
I don't know if there is some semantics in serial numbers.

Mine should be made in 2019.

Serial numbers look like this - 12345F2 and 12346F2.
F2 in the end is real - numbers before that are made up. They are consecutive for two 220 Pro's sold as 440 Pro.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(30-Jan-2022, 20:49)Delija Wrote: I don't know if there is some semantics in serial numbers.

Mine should be made in 2019.

Serial numbers look like this - 12345F2 and 12346F2.
F2 in the end is real - numbers before that are made up. They are consecutive for two 220 Pro's sold as 440 Pro.

My two 220 Pros end in F1.  I bought one in December 2016 and the other in January 2017.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
In 2016, I bought a D400 that came as :
- Expert 200 having s/n 0xxxxB1
- Expert Companion 200 having s/n 0xxxxxB0
[ wherein x are numericals ]

In 2018, I sent them for upgradation to 440-Pro CI and the serial numbers became
- Expert 220-Pro w/ CI having 0xxxxxF2
- Expert 220-Pro w/ CI having 0xxxxxF2

When they got upgraded from D400 to 440-Pro CI, the xxxxx numericals earlier when they were D400 did not change and those same numerical combinations were retained and F2 added.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Couple of Phantom hardware changes:

1.  Hardware capability for Airplay was first introduced with the launch of the Phantom Gold in mid-2016.  All Phantom Golds are Airplay compatible, regardless of date of manufacture.  Subsequently the hardware configurations for Dialog and Classic and Silver Phantoms were revised to enable Airplay. 

AirPlay support was announced on 9th Dec 2016 in a knowledge base article "How is AirPlay Working with Phantom?" (SP0207) which in turn refers to another knowledge base article dated 19th May 2017 "How can I find out if my Phantom is AirPlay Compatible? (SP0210).  Note, the fact this article postdates an article that refers to it indicates the existence of an earlier version of this second article which I have bee unable to find.

Both the above articles refer to "New generation Phantom and Silver Phantom" as well as "New generation Dialog".  This implies that said new generations were either envisaged to be or already in production by 9th Dec 2016 (which would correspond to serial numbers starting J49 for Phantom units).  Unfortunately we have no more accurate information and the cutover point could be several weeks or even a month or two either side of this date.

Users have reported purchasing AirPlay-capable Dialogs around this time which corroborates this.  It has been reported that Dialogs with serial numbers ending XTD are not compatible and ones ending X03 and X04 are.  This has been confirmed by various forum members and has not to my knowledge been disproven so seems to be correct.

2.  Devialet also introduced a new version of its hybrid ADH amplification modules in late 2016.  Again, Golds had ADH2 hardware from the start.  According to this post by kmjy the cutover to ADH2 for Classic and Silver Phantoms was made in mid-November 2017, serial numbers K47 and onwards.  ADH2 hardware provided the capacity for a power increase for Classic Phantoms from 750W to 1200W (peak!) which was enabled in the 1.14 firmware release.  I don't know where kmjy got this information but it seems credible and to my knowledge nobody has contradicted it.
(30-Jan-2022, 14:38)intrigued Wrote: 1. The hidden information within Devialet Phantom serial numbers :

H 2014
I 2015
J 2016
K 2017
L 2018
M 2019
N 2020
O 2021
P 2022

Taking the first three digits of your product’s serial number will show you the year and month when it was manufactured.

Thus, 'N43' would represent a 2020 Devialet product, manufactured in week 43.

2. The hidden information within Devialet Expert Pro serial numbers :

An example serial number would be something like this : 12345F2 and 12346F2 (consecutive numbers for two 220 Pros sold as a 440 Pro) manufactured in 2019.

In the case of the serials ending in 'F1', this would signify an earlier manufacture year, 2016 / 17.

There is more information hidden in the Phantom serial numbers.  The last four digits are also significant and appear to denote the hardware configuration (see this thread).  Still trying to figure out if the cutover from 4U06 to 4U10 corresponds to a certain date of manufacture and if so which.  Research ongoing.