Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dione Hardware Failed (or maybe not?)
watching my first movie on the Dione, at a volume of 80% and Dolby Atoms the sounder failed. Seems the woofers have gone and it produces a thin sound and ringing.

I reset it, unplugged all cables but the hardware is gone. Can't tell if its the amps or the drivers. 
Doing the sweep room calibration there is no bass anymore. And playing any music its tinny and there a ringing sound.
Power light does not stay on either.

Guess I should have gone for the Ambeo.
(23-Aug-2022, 18:18)intouch1 Wrote: watching my first movie on the Dione, at a volume of 80% and Dolby Atoms the sounder failed. Seems the woofers have gone and it produces a thin sound and ringing.

I reset it, unplugged all cables but the hardware is gone. Can't tell if its the amps or the drivers. 
Doing the sweep room calibration there is no bass anymore. And playing any music its tinny and there a ringing sound.
Power light does not stay on either.

I let it cool off for 10 minutes and now it seems to be back to normal. maybe the bass amps were too hot and switched off and now came back ?
power light stays on now.

well, I would be glad if that is the case !
Hello
Did you get this problem again ?
I just posted a new issue (no sound coming from the speakers on top when playing Dolby Atmos movies.
Do you have this issue too ?
I seem to have a problem creating new threads so I will post this here. What HiFi just gave a 4 star review to the Dione, which spears to mark it down on price and lack of features. Been running mine untroubled for months now, the only gripe being unable to pair it with my Virgin handset.

As I have a genuine AVR (Denon) running via my Expert Pros and B&W speakers, it cannot be said to be proper surround sound but it more than does the job in my second lounge. As for HiFi, I stream all my music, which was via Tidal until yesterday. I have swapped to Amazon which, according to independent and very unbiased ears, my wife’s, is very good and, as far as I am concerned, definitely better and more usable than Tidal.

The Dione digs out the detail whether it be with films or music, has plenty of controlled bass depth and is loud.

Here is the link to the What HiFi review.
https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/deviale...HX2EFJs85Q
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(25-Aug-2022, 20:30)Arno-FR-62 Wrote: Hello
Did you get this problem again ?
I just posted a new issue (no sound coming from the speakers on top when playing Dolby Atmos movies.
Do you have this issue too ?

no, since cooled down and reset it seems to be working.
never had the up firing problem