Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dione + phantom golds + airplay 2: a recipe for magic live concert set up
This is my recipe for those who like to be teleported aurally to a live concert.
I bought the phantom golds to listen to music, and the Dione to watch movies.
However, i have found that now when I listen to streamed music on spotify or Apple Music I prefer to listen through both: Dione soundbar + Phantom golds on each side, using airplay 2 multiroom set up. 
I found that adding the soundbar gives me a more relaxed,  effortless listening environment. The voices are more "there", the soundstage is deeper when listening to good recordings of live concerts, especially when the Dione is set to "spatial" mode. It also sounds quicker, especially in the bass department: a bit like listening to omnidirectional electrostatic panels. I set both the Gold phantoms and Dione to the same volume level (around 50).

I suggest 3 live concerts you can find on Apple Music:
Laurent Voulzy Le concert du mont St Michel (lots of gorgeous echo in this well known cathedral, look for the pipe band coming in the church playing "amazing grace": a great aural moment). Also available on DVD (even better).
Melody Gardot: Live in Europe
Michael Franks with Crossfire live
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
(05-Oct-2022, 02:03)eniriop Wrote: This is my recipe for those who like to be teleported aurally to a live concert.
I bought the phantom golds to listen to music, and the Dione to watch movies.
However, i have found that now when I listen to streamed music on spotify or Apple Music I prefer to listen through both: Dione soundbar + Phantom golds on each side, using airplay 2 multiroom set up. 
I found that adding the soundbar gives me a more relaxed,  effortless listening environment. The voices are more "there", the soundstage is deeper when listening to good recordings of live concerts, especially when the Dione is set to "spatial" mode. It also sounds quicker, especially in the bass department: a bit like listening to omnidirectional electrostatic panels. I set both the Gold phantoms and Dione to the same volume level (around 50).

I suggest 3 live concerts you can find on Apple Music:
Laurent Voulzy Le concert du mont St Michel (lots of gorgeous echo in this well known cathedral, look for the pipe band coming in the church playing "amazing grace": a great aural moment). Also available on DVD (even better).
Melody Gardot: Live in Europe
Michael Franks with Crossfire live

This setup must sound great!
I'm so disappointed that I cant listen to my Dione and 2 reactors together.
I don't have iPhone so no airplay.
Devialet if your listening please make a propper update!
(15-Nov-2022, 20:24)patw Wrote:
(05-Oct-2022, 02:03)eniriop Wrote: Das ist mein Rezept für alle, die sich gerne akustisch zu einem Live-Konzert teleportieren lassen.
Ich habe die Phantom Golds gekauft, um Musik zu hören, und die Dione, um Filme anzusehen.
Allerdings habe ich festgestellt, dass ich jetzt, wenn ich gestreamte Musik auf Spotify oder Apple Music höre, es vorziehe, über beide zu hören: Dione-Soundbar + Phantom Golds auf jeder Seite, mit Airplay 2-Multiroom-Einrichtung. 
Ich habe festgestellt, dass ich durch das Hinzufügen der Soundbar eine entspanntere und mühelosere Hörumgebung habe. Bei guten Aufnahmen von Live-Konzerten sind die Stimmen „präsenter“ und die Klangbühne tiefer, insbesondere wenn der Dione auf den „räumlichen“ Modus eingestellt ist. Es klingt auch schneller, insbesondere im Bassbereich: ein bisschen so, als würde man omnidirektionale elektrostatische Platten hören.

Ich schlage 3 Live-Konzerte vor, die Sie auf Apple Music finden können:
Laurent Voulzy Le Concert du Mont St. Michel (viel wunderschönes Echo in dieser bekannten Kathedrale, achten Sie auf die Dudelsackkapelle, die in die Kirche kommt und „Amazing Grace“ spielt: ein großartiger Klangmoment ). Auch auf DVD erhältlich (noch besser).
Melody Gardot: Live in Europa
Michael Franks mit Crossfire live

Dieses Setup muss großartig klingen!
Ich bin so enttäuscht, dass ich meine Dione und die beiden Reaktoren nicht gleichzeitig hören kann.
Ich habe kein iPhone, also kein Airplay.
Devialet, wenn Sie zuhören, führen Sie bitte ein entsprechendes Update durch!
You can try to use Apple Airplay for Android by using https://www.airmusic.app/ for Android.
Tell us if this works or not, please.