Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Config Message
Dear All,

I just bought PL300 II (replaces KEF REF1); PLs yet to arrive, getting ready with amp; I have Amp PRO 220 CI;

I configured SD Card to pick up PL300 II on SAM and when I clicked "Download" i saw message which says "this config requires upgrade in Firmware (8 and above)". Yes i downloaded the latest available "Firmware 13.2.0 DOS 2.2.6". After that I downloaded the Configuration.

220 Pro went through all upgrade of S/W, Firmware message says all good and all. Then it asked me to click front button. It says "Bad Config" contact support.devialet ... (Yes doing that).

I tried Re-format SD Card went through all over again and same message. There was suggestion to update WIFI (with credentials) and also disable it. Yes did that too.

Anyone had similar problem and resolved the same ?

Any help from Expert users ? I tried to search with similar issue here, but could not figure out hence creating this thread.

FYI : When i tried to open CFG file (just to check), i used to see proper Text in English. Now, i m seeing all garbage. is this correct ?.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Try to download the configuration file using another browser or another computer.
Thank you! Let me try out.

Currently Amp is on factory settings and PL300s are already doing great. SAM should enhance … can’t wait
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
(27-Mar-2022, 06:11)Jnan_devi Wrote: ...
FYI : When i tried to open CFG file (just to check), i used to see proper Text in English. Now, i m seeing all garbage. is this correct ?.

Just to confirm: no, it's not correct. Daniel's suggestion is a good one.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thank you Folks ... I m yet to try out all options. got frustrated and currently just enjoying my new PL300. Time resolve this issue.

will read the link before taking up the settings...

Meanwhile I have formatted the SD Card. hope its simple defaulted FAT32 correct ? just checking.
I tried all at once ... like  nuke it and be done. On a different computer, Formatted the SD Card, Chrome browser, Created sperate folders for configuration and Firmware and downloaded all files to folders and then copied them to SD card. Well, ....SMAed it Smile !

"Fantastic" is not the word to describe ! Thank you All. These speakers will take about 100 hours more for break-in but already very very good  Angel  Cool and very Happy!.
Enjoy your music!