Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distortion
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm getting a little distortion on the left channel on particular tracks via Tidal. The volume level makes no difference as even at low volume it's evident.

Most music play absolutely fine with no issues, but every now and then I'll come across something that has the distortion.

I've changed cables, PC's and power points.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hi.
Sorry for your troubles. A little more info on your equipment etc. would help troubleshoot your problem.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(22-Mar-2022, 16:52)MosesMagnum Wrote: Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm getting a little distortion on the left channel on particular tracks via Tidal. The volume level makes no difference as even at low volume it's evident.

Most music play absolutely fine with no issues, but every now and then I'll come across something that has the distortion.

I've changed cables, PC's and power points.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Could it be the recording itself? There are numerous poor recordings out there, particularly with distortion in the upper register.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
Sorry, I should have mentioned the equipment...

Denon AVC-4700 with pre-out to D200.

Denon for cinema and D200 for music.

It's possible it's the recording so I'm currently getting a friend to test on his system when he gets in from work.

Thanks
Swap left and right. See if it changes channels. Do it with connection cables first, then speakers. That’ll give you some idea
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
All sorted, it was the source all along.

Same problem seems to be present on at least 2 streaming services.
The source was the source. Funny that.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.