Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does not recognise HDMI connection after a while
Here’s  another annoying problem. 

My Dione is connected to my Sony Bravia 88” TV and does its job. 
I finish watching tv and switch off and go to bed. Next time I switch on the tv the Dione does not recognise the HDMI connection and I need to reboot the TV everytime to make it work (very annoying)

Anyone else have this problem and know how to solve? I haven’t contacted Devialet yet.
Bonjours,

Même problème .. sur une LG G2 65" ..
(24-Dec-2022, 15:36)Pioneer123 Wrote: Here’s  another annoying problem. 

I finish watching tv and switch off and go to bed. Next time I switch on the tv the Dione does not recognise the HDMI connection and I need to reboot the TV everytime to make it work (very annoying)

Anyone else have this problem and know how to solve? I haven’t contacted Devialet yet.

You need to keep in mind the Dione has still some software issues. Especially CEC.
The Dione does NOT switch-off / go-to-standby by CEC currently. It consumes 16-18W constantly. It is not off even no LED lighting, it is just without load. That has to fixed by Devialet.
I do not know the CEC protocol exactly, but there is maybe some handshake expected by the TV which doesn‘t happen.
Instead of rebooting you may like to try to switch the Input(between streaming and physical HDMI) by the Devialet app. That should help in most cases. I never need to reboot the Dione, but often the same happens to me switching input devices, as my stuff is connected primarily to a HDMI switch.
For the time being I recommend to use the app to switch the Dione off and switch it on manually by the Play/Pause button on the Dione.
(28-Dec-2022, 09:16)hulster Wrote:

You need to keep in mind the Dione has still some software issues. Especially CEC.
The Dione does NOT switch-off / go-to-standby by CEC currently. It consumes 16-18W constantly. It is not off even no LED lighting, it is just without load. That has to fixed by Devialet.
I do not know the CEC protocol exactly, but there is maybe some handshake expected by the TV which doesn‘t happen.
Instead of rebooting you may like to try to switch the Input(between streaming and physical HDMI) by the Devialet app. That should help in most cases. I never need to reboot the Dione, but often the same happens to me switching input devices, as my stuff is connected primarily to a HDMI switch.
For the time being I recommend to use the app to switch the Dione off and switch it on manually by the Play/Pause button on the Dione.

Thanks for the advice, I tried switching the inputs using the app and it did not work. It’s very hit and miss when it does work (usually doesn’t work when the missus and kids trying to watch something prompting complaints of how much this thing cost! Haha).
Basically I’m stuck with having to reboot the TV every time it losses connection. Hopefully Devialet will fix it soon.
Devialet is normally very quick on fixing software related issues ;-)
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(01-Jan-2023, 18:59)iamwappie Wrote: Devialet is normally very quick on fixing software related issues ;-)

Mmmh - when I have a look at the history of firmware releases I would not agree......
.... but if half a year is quick for you.  Sleepy

OMG, I have this same problem!
I thought my TV was broken. SONY Bravia OLED. Only resetting the TV helps, which is incredibly frustrating! The application does not help, it informs that HDMI is not connected! When selecting the eARC input on the TV, however, the DEVIALET logo can be seen. Very funny. Interestingly, the optical cable, WIFI and Bluetooth connections - everything works perfectly ... Unfortunately, only HDMI guarantees the ATMOS standard, with which it copes perfectly and the experience when watching movies is amazing. If it wasn't for that, I'd be on optical cable from the tv all the time - that's enough for regular shows, sports, etc.
In conclusion, what can we do? Sad
Thank you for this thread because I saved on unnecessary service call to the TV or sending the soundbar to Devialet ;(
Wait for a Firmware update ... Devialet is aware, we want the delay will not be 4 months .. Dodgy
I recieved today answer from Devialet:

"Thanks for reaching out.

The issue you are experiencing is a known problem which affects users with Sony Bravia TVs, as well as some LG models. Currently the software team are working on trying to get a permanent solution with Sony and LG however if you'd be willing, we could get some data from you to help the software team along in their investigation and solution.

If you would like to help us, please share with us a bug report from the Devialet App. This can be done by:
While the Dione is playing, go to the Welcome Home screen
Select the Settings icon in the top left
Select Help
Then Share Report

Alongside the report the software team would also need to know the following so they can work on recreating the issue and then working backwards to a solution:
Multimedia device (chromecast, firestick, apple tv, etc.):
Blu-ray player:
Streaming services used:
App controller device + OS (e.g. iPhone iOS16.1):
Internet Provider:
Router brand:
Any repeaters, mesh nodes, extenders, etc. :
Internet connection method (WiFi2.4gHz, WiFi5gHz, Ethernet):
Power plug (wall, surge protector, power board, etc.):

I apologise for the inconvenience. At the moment the only real workaround is to do a power cycle of the TV to ensure the HDMI + CEC handshake is made between the Bravia and the Dione.

Kindest regards,"

So ladies and gentlemen let's send reports from our Dione to Devialet - maybe this will shorten the whole process and we can enjoy this device.

Has this been resolved?  I have two Sony Bravia OLED's ... 65" and 77".

I am looking at this product, but I don't want to purchase if these issues still persist.