Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet: U/UTP CAT 6 (stereo pairing problem)
Hi guys! I configured my stereo pair in cafe using wireless connection (auto mode). Distance between speakers around 7 meters and right phantom is dropping sound when guests walked across speaker.

I decided to try LAN connection to solve this problem, but faced with the following trouble:

Once i connect both Devialet silver speakers to ethernet cable U/UTP CAT 6 , only one speaker play in stereo pair. When I click in app on left or right speaker, they reflects with “click” sound like the all work correct.

Tried to split pair, reboot speakers, doesn’t help. Once i remove Ethernet - both speakers play sound.
Does anyone have an idea why lan cable is not working?
Any ideas how to make connection more stable without cable?

I m streaming from tidal hi-res audio using BT aptx to Devialet speakers.

Many thanks in advance!!!
(21-Jul-2022, 11:40)KdsNext Wrote: Hi guys! I configured my stereo pair in cafe using wireless connection (auto mode). Distance between speakers around 7 meters and right phantom is dropping sound when guests walked across speaker.

I decided to try LAN connection to solve this problem, but faced with the following trouble:

Once i connect both Devialet silver speakers to ethernet cable U/UTP CAT 6 , only one speaker play in stereo pair. When I click in app on left or right speaker, they reflects with “click” sound like the all work correct.

Tried to split pair, reboot speakers, doesn’t help. Once i remove Ethernet - both speakers play sound.
Does anyone have an idea why lan cable is not working?
Any ideas how to make connection more stable without cable?

I m streaming from tidal hi-res audio using BT aptx to Devialet speakers.

Many thanks in advance!!!

Try to reset the speakers and connect both to ethernet, should do the trick.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(21-Jul-2022, 11:55)ragwo Wrote: Try to reset the speakers and connect both to ethernet, should do the trick.

Hi dear, thanks for reply! You mean factory reset or just plug in/out ? How to do factory reset?
(22-Jul-2022, 22:43)KdsNext Wrote:
(21-Jul-2022, 11:55)ragwo Wrote: Try to reset the speakers and connect both to ethernet, should do the trick.

Hi dear, thanks for reply! You mean factory reset or just plug in/out ? How to do factory reset?
Glad to help. 
Factory reset is the thing. Here's how to:
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...II-Reactor-
My Phantom Voyage
As I found out the hard way be sure that both speakers are NOT plugged in to power when you do the reconnection. Start with both speakers unplugged then proceed as though you were setting them up for the first time with one speaker plugged in.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
Issue has been solved by forced switch to “PLC connection” instead “Auto” . Seems wifi is not stable network. Also I have paired 2 silver phantoms + 2 reactors 600 together (4 speakers total) and it makes very good sound stage in restaurant.

Does anybody know, can I connect else 2 speakers like reactor 600 to these 4 speakers already working together?
(21-Sep-2022, 02:31)KdsNext Wrote: Issue has been solved by forced switch to “PLC connection” instead “Auto” . Seems wifi is not stable network. Also I have paired 2 silver phantoms + 2 reactors 600 together (4 speakers total) and it makes very good sound stage in restaurant.

Does anybody know, can I connect else 2 speakers like reactor 600 to these 4 speakers already working together?
I believe you can add as many speakers as you'd like.
My Phantom Voyage
Guys, does anybody know how to connect 2 silver and 2 reactors over the ethernet cable ? Should i connect cables from speakers (4 cables) directly to router or i should connect it to dialogue first, and only then connect dialogue to wi fi router? Any experience?
(12-Jan-2023, 01:26)KdsNext Wrote: Guys, does anybody know how to connect 2 silver and 2 reactors over the ethernet cable ? Should i connect cables from speakers (4 cables) directly to router or i should connect it to dialogue first, and only then connect dialogue to wi fi router? Any experience?

Connect all speakers to your router.
My Phantom Voyage