Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence Devialet hasn't completely given up on the Expert Pro line
To start, here's an advert from this month's What HiFi (Jan 22):

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
Hmmm, never quite know what Devialet is up to. Given that this ad for the Expert Pro references the phono section and support of a turntable makes me wonder if the next thing we'll see from them is a turntable. No interest there from me but would love to see further progression in known bug fixes and use of CI. Still... not holding my breath.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
For me, the only activities I consider such evidence are new firmware or bug fixes in the configurator.
The way I read it: it’s just an advert. Speakers (SAM), Turntable (RAM), Musical content (Core).
Nothing new here.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(27-Nov-2021, 09:29)Axel Wrote: The way I read it: it’s just an advert. Speakers (SAM), Turntable (RAM), Musical content (Core).
Nothing new here.

+1. The 'next stage of evolution' happened a few years back.
I think it's a positive step by Devialet. It's hardly 'marketing machine in full effect', but at least an attempt to win new customers. And with new customers, more revenue and an argument to allocate more R&D funds for future Expert Pro development, bug fixing etc.
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
The phrase the “The Next Stage of Evolution” is curious.  Unless they’re just replaying an old sales pitch, it does imply something.  If this wasn’t Devialet, I’d say it’s more than just marketing of a 5 year old product.  A full page ad is also not cheap.  Get out your crystal balls.

On the other hand, this is Devialet…
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
To me it reads simply that they are pitching Expert as the next stage of evolution of the traditional turntable + electronics + speakers hi-fi system.

Which, to my way of thinking, it always was, starting with the D-Premier.

I don't think they're referring to an evolution of the Expert, just perhaps nodding towards the resurgence of vinyl.
1000 Pro / Magico A5 / REL Studio III
Nothing of note here.

An extremely similar advertisement appeared in the Sep 2020 edition of Hi-FI News.

Only the 'strap' line is different.
The mere fact that we (the owners of Expert Pro) are desperately searching for "Evidence Devialet hasn't completely given up on the Expert Pro line" seems very sad to me...