Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence Devialet hasn't completely given up on the Expert Pro line
Interesting, I met some Devialet peoples at Paris Audio Video Show at the end of october that tell me something will happen in the amplification universe in the next months
I hope those advertising are proof 🤞
Roon ROCK - Silent Angel Bonn 8 with Forester F1 - 220 Pro - Penaudio Sara S
Crystal Cable Reference Speaker - Audioquest Vodka Ethernet - Audioquest Tornado
Paris - France
If I am not mistaken, I see advertisements of them every now and then in Stereophile and Absolute Sound. So, indeed: nothing new there. Unfortunately.

Stil enjoying my E250 though.

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
Well at least they pursue the upgrade program. Now that many expert arrive to the end of the warranty this possibility is nice.
Still baffles me why Devialet went to all the expense of upgrading units to CI and still barely scratch the surface of the potential.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(13-Dec-2021, 07:02)AllenB Wrote: Still baffles me why Devialet went to all the expense of upgrading units to CI and still barely scratch the surface of the potential.
They changed enough so they would have made quite a bit of money out of it. From there on, every upgrade is just going to cost them. It’s not a nice thing to promise lots and deliver less though
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(04-Dec-2021, 10:36)nduchatel Wrote: Interesting, I met some Devialet peoples at Paris Audio Video Show at the end of october that tell me something will happen in the amplification universe in the next months
I hope those advertising are proof 🤞

You mean a new coating, color? ;-)
From today's Oxford Audio Consultants newsletter... unsure of dealer economics but would this sales push come from Devialet? Or simply OAC moving stock?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
Please don't hate me for this question, but what is so wrong with the Expert Pro that it needs a big upgrade or that Devialet has given up? My Expert 220 Pro works great for all my needs (turntables and Roon streaming). Yes, I found the configurator a bit challenging to learn, but otherwise, no big problems.
(05-Dec-2022, 18:33)lpuncel Wrote: Please don't hate me for this question, but what is so wrong with the Expert Pro that it needs a big upgrade or that Devialet has given up?  My Expert 220 Pro works great for all my needs (turntables and Roon streaming). Yes, I found the configurator a bit challenging to learn, but otherwise, no big problems.

I think @David A explains it nicely in his post of 21 Nov: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Some-sig...ine?page=5
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
I continue to be surprised that they went to the trouble of implementing Sweet Room, but then left it to users to figure out how to configure it with text files written to SD card. The Expert Pro room correction solution has to be the least user friendly of any out there, no?

That said, I continue to enjoy my 1000Pro, although I've started looking around for an upgrade. Given the steep depreciation on the used markets, I suppose the best that can be said is that those who buy used are getting a fantastic deal on a product that still sounds great, even if it isn't quite as cutting edge now as it was when I got my first d-Premier. :-)
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.