Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expert Remote App is not working any more
Where the app really helped me was in changing inputs between Roon and other sources. The only other way to do it is via the physical remote while looking at the small display on the Expert/Expert Pro (i.e. I now have to get my butt out of the listening seat).

I hope everyone that has any use for this app would submit a support ticket to Devialet about it. I did and will continue to pester.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I am already in my path. I raised two requests, one for AIR on Mac, another for the Expert remote. Both were promoted in the product catalogue as a feature when I purchased the unit. They keep telling me, they will address the issue "one day" but I don't care about their lies any more. I asked them what they suggest under the warranty to fix these issues, I will go until the limits of legal boundaries. I am sorry, I am tired of guessing the complexity and the prioritization of their business. I work in the same sector as they are in, I understand the complexity and the business very well and I am clearly telling you, their behavior is not acceptable, as a customer, as a knowledgeable person in the domain.

Think if this was a car or an Apple product or anything similar, if there was a software problem, what was gonna happen? 5 year warranty was one of the key points to pay that much money for this product because my previous experience with Pathos products was awful. They stopped responding directly after the warranty expired and I was ripped off. Same thing is happening here, maybe they sell things that are bigger than their talent/capability/vision to deliver but that's not my issue. My product is under warranty and it is not my job to be concerned here. They have to fix this problem, one way or the other.

By the way, I am really having problems because of not having these two features as I was actively using them. As I was using Audirvana + Dirac Live + AIR, I was forced to move to Audirvana + Dirac Live + UPNP and as I have to work from home, I can't be with the physical remote control all the time, I was actively using the remote control app to decrease the volume or switch on the device. I am not making stories to push this retarded tech company, I really need these features and they were really key for me when I made the call to purchase this unit. I am sorry, they have to fix them.
@ada - I do not disagree with you. The problem I'm having of late is that I have only so much anger to go around. Life just kinda sucks in so many ways right now. Still, my Expert Pro sounds wonderful and brings great comfort despite Devialet completely ignoring the product for the last 19 months. Despite early promises, despite bugs, despite many submitted tickets. Yep, I'm annoyed and tired of feeling ignored. But sadly, I don't have the energy to try to change Devialet other than to periodically submit a support ticket. My guess is that I'm not alone in this.

Someday, they will either step up or not. Someday, I will either still own my Expert Pro or not. I can only control the 2nd half of that.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I received a New mail from Devialet regarding the IOS app:

"We have received an update from our Manager:

"iOS14 was released earlier than we expected. The consequence is that our Expert Remote App is not yet compatible with this version. We are currently working towards compatibility. Sorry for the troubles it may cause and thank you for your understanding."

Please kindly stay tuned via our Newsletter or Latest-News (Coming very soon!)"
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro
I really hope Devialet sort this out. The remote app is essential for me .
For now I can use my iPad and make sure I don’t update this to iOS14 but this is not a long term fix
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(30-Sep-2020, 08:21)haber Wrote: I received a New mail from Devialet regarding the IOS app:

"We have received an update from our Manager:

"iOS14 was released earlier than we expected. The consequence is that our Expert Remote App is not yet compatible with this version. We are currently working towards compatibility. Sorry for the troubles it may cause and thank you for your understanding."

Please kindly stay tuned via our Newsletter or Latest-News (Coming very soon!)"

Well, there you go. It will all be fixed by the weekend. Don't know what all the fuss is about.  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
It has never been this close, I am so excited to hear that (Coming very soon!) part in their reply.
Honestly, given the millions of apps that are operational on Apple products, the actual effort needed to make Devialet’s own App iOS 14 ready has to be minimal. What is wrong with this company that seems hellbent on ruining its reputation over what can be little more than a compile.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(30-Sep-2020, 12:38)Gerronwithit Wrote: Honestly, given the millions of apps that are operational on Apple products, the actual effort needed to make Devialet’s own App iOS 14 ready has to be minimal. What is wrong with this company that seems  hellbent on ruining its reputation over what can be little more than a compile.

Devialet is still alive! Big Grin
Day After day!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Have seen that advert via FB which seemed to be quite provocative considering their dereliction of development at least with the Expert range. Oh, and that battery needs charging.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.