Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Innuos Pulse doesn't work over AES/EBU cable
(07-Jan-2023, 17:16)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:
(07-Jan-2023, 08:54)Vivialet Wrote: AES is not able to return info if a device is connected or not. It seems your Innuos is still using USB as output.
Check how to activate the AES output in the Innuos manual.

Hi @Vivialet
thanks for joining the discussion. 
Actually yes, when I switch to standalone mode, Pulse sees a USB cable, but not AES/EBU or Optical. 
In the Sense application, there is a "Refresh" option but when I click on it, nothing happens. 
Then, I deselected "Auto Select" and tried again on the "Refresh" link, but nothing happened. 

It could be some malfunctioning in the software application or maybe in the digital module. 
Happy to see that Innuos member here came so quickly to help me resolve the issue. I like the SQ over Devialet's streamer and Auralic's Aries SQ. 
cheers 
Zoran

Hi Zoran,

The PULSE has 2 modes for output: The PULSE DDC where all digital outputs are enable or an external USB DAC. With Auto-Select On, the system automatically chooses the USB output is one is connected. If you disconnect USB then it reverts back to the internal digital outputs. If Auto-Select is off then you  need to manually select which output to use from the list. Does a "PULSE DAC" option show you on the list? If it does then the digital module is being recognised and you should select that if you want to use AES. I'll follow this up on the ticket personally.
Hi Nuno,
Let me answer your questions:
1. The PULSE has 2 modes for output: The PULSE DDC where all digital outputs are enable or an external USB DAC. With Auto-Select On, the system automatically chooses the USB output is one is connected. If you disconnect USB then it reverts back to the internal digital outputs. 

When I disconnect USB cable and attach AES/EBU or Toslink or Coax, nothing happens.

2. If Auto-Select is off then you  need to manually select which output to use from the list.

Yes, I tried that but simple doesn’t work. I deselected “Auto Select” and nothing happens. Tried with “Refresh” option and still nothing.

3. Does a "PULSE DAC" option show you on the list? If it does then the digital module is being recognised and you should select that if you want to

Absolutely not.

Many thanks for your assistance and please ask your colleagues to publish some User Guide on Innuos web site, that we can try first to solve the problem ourselves.
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
The epilogue:
the cause of the problem was a disconnected cable, probably during transport and this was corrected by the local dealer's Technical Service with the cooperation of Innuos tech support.
Thanks to all of you who joined this thread and gave suggestions for problem-solving.
In regards to SQ, Innuos Pulse sounds much, much better than Auralic Mini, and better (for my ears) than intrinsic Devialet's streamer. I felt that difference much more when moved from USB to AES/EBU cable.
Cheers
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables