Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magico A5
I hope there is a plan for SAM profiles for new Confidence line.

And also for Magico A5.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(07-Oct-2020, 07:05)philoouu Wrote: Magico looks better I think, only weak point is their heavy weight (hard to move once installed).

Depending on what feet you use, you could use furniture slider cups to make it easy to slide the speakers around on hard floors. The Shepherd Hardware ones work well, but don't come in a size that exactly matches the A-series stock floor protectors.
Neko Audio
Very positive Stereoplay review:
https://www.magico.net/images/Reviews/A5...77TEnoOCI0

(15-May-2021, 18:08)Delija Wrote: Very positive Stereoplay review:

I don't speak German, so I just "copy and paste" large slabs of the review into Google translate- works really well!
They loved the A5s!
I ordered a pair 5 weeks ago- was told 8-10 weeks delivery!!
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
Please write your experience here - once you get them Wink

(15-May-2021, 18:08)Delija Wrote: Very positive Stereoplay review:

Translated version:
https://www.magico.net/images/Reviews/A5...veZfUw_MDk

As a data point. Former Dev440 Expert Pro owner driving Magico Q3’s (predecessors of the new M3’s).
Devialet and Magico are a true marriage (excepting the bitching coming from the NOS DAC, tube driven electronics and Devore Fidelity….truly precious audio darlings 🤣)
The Q3’s were so stunning. No doubt.
Just took delivery of a pair of A5’s, grills and APods, and can easily say they are the equal of the Q3’s. They are so completely musical that only the most narcissistic (see above) could find too much, if any, fault with them.
They are, if you will allow, romantically musical.
Had the opportunity to compare/contrast with the much more expensive M2’s and these have a delicacy that may haunt the more competitive but these distinctions are so small as to be the king’s pleasure only….each so close but these carbon fibre rounded speakers have a very small advantage.
Scuttlebut has it that the M9 and A5 are the new design intent in the Magico lineup…honeycombed aluminum sandwiched between carbon as a driver construction, completely stiff but featherweight speaker cones, so stop/start excursions are more linear……I expect a new M2, a series 2 incorporating these changes…..the midrange of these A5’s is so stunning, the low volume fidelity, etc….check out the WBF (What’s Best Forum) on the A5….under Magico.
No doubt, these are totally exceptional speakers.
So, highly recommended with Devialet, a true sonic marriage.
(19-May-2021, 05:02)Wdw Wrote: So, highly recommended with Devialet, a true sonic marriage.
Thanks a lot, Wdw, I cant wait for mine Smile
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
(19-May-2021, 06:29)NoICUDoc Wrote:
(19-May-2021, 05:02)Wdw Wrote: So, highly recommended with Devialet, a true sonic marriage.
Thanks a lot, Wdw, I cant wait for mine Smile

We, here in Vancouver, BC, had a three month wait.  Our dealer really jumped up and had them here in two days after Magico released them for shipping, but it is a long wait nevertheless. 
Be assured, you won’t be disappointed.
Thanks for the first report, @Wdw.

I'm sure they are great.
I just can't get over the look of A5's - for its price. I can't say they are ugly, but they for sure don't look anything near like 20k speakers.

But, that's expected - who would buy S and M series? Smile