Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(NEUTRAL) higher end quality speaker cable recommendation
As in the subject I am looking for your opinions ,recommendations for some speaker cables.
My system is build on a devialet expert 1000 pro ,and Kef reference 1 .
For a source I am using some different kind of streaming ,mostly youtube but also spotify,Apple music and tidal sometimes.

My actually speaker cables are atlas mavros which are great speaker cables but in actual setup ive lost some bite as they are making the sound too warm to my taste but I also understand that my audioquest mains conditioner and power cables also going in the same direction.

Ive tried so far a few other cables including 
1 chord company signature
2 tellurium q ultra silver
3 elsdon wonfor ewa ls-25
4 my own atlas mavros

I like overall mavros best overall but with exception it does make the sound too warm in my case for my taste.

The ewa ls25 is very good and neutral but significantly lower quality sound than the others.
Chord signature is not good in my system.

The tellurium q ultra silver have the widest soundstage but somehow the overall result is not to my liking .

On other forums I have been recommended a townshend isolda dct speaker cables as the most neutral and best sound quality to value ratio.

NOTE ( I have also tried a black rhodium athena dct+++ speaker cables) and would say that these are the best sounding from all ive heard on my present system so far (including twice expensive tellurium q ultra silvers).

The problem is I dont have the budget for a new set and don't want to buy new and can't find any athena second hand.

I'll appreciate any input and help from members...

What speaker cables are you using and what is your system?
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug
Definitely try out some classics from:
- AudioQuest
- Siltech
or also Vertere a doing great stuff.
In my system (and room), Transparent Ultra (Gen 5) is a great match. It's also a little on the "warmer"/"smoother" side. BTW, it's (much) better than the older Transparent cables which were somewhat rolled-off on the top.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

You could try Nordost (Norse series). Especially the first Norse series. Norse 2 sounds a bit warmer. I went from Ansuz (P) to Nordost Tyr. That was a big step forward. Nordost Tyr speaker cables are very transparent and open and certainly not warm. So they might give you the bite you miss with Atlas mavros. In my system Tyr matches well with my Sabrina speakers.
Hope this helps.

Grimm Audio MU1 (Roon+Qobuz)  ~   D220 Pro CI   ~   Magico A5
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond ethernet; Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU
Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Resonance Control: Bassocontinuo (rack); CeraBase slimline (footers)
The Netherlands -                        - August 2023 -
(31-Dec-2022, 11:59)sdn660 Wrote: You could try Nordost (Norse series). Especially the first Norse series. Norse 2 sounds a bit warmer. I went from Ansuz (P) to Nordost Tyr. That was a big step forward. Nordost Tyr speaker cables are very transparent and open and certainly not warm. So they might give you the bite you miss with Atlas mavros. In my system Tyr matches well with my Sabrina speakers.
Hope this helps.
Hello there.
Thanks for your suggestion about nordost.

What do you think about nordost red dawn ls (Leif series)?
I am able to get these for a good price second hand.
Are these any good and comparable with atlas mavros level?
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug
(31-Dec-2022, 12:36)winiar560 Wrote: What do you think about nordost red dawn ls (Leif series)?

I have never heard Red dawn nor have I ever heard Atlas. So I can’t say.

Grimm Audio MU1 (Roon+Qobuz)  ~   D220 Pro CI   ~   Magico A5
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond ethernet; Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU
Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Resonance Control: Bassocontinuo (rack); CeraBase slimline (footers)
The Netherlands -                        - August 2023 -
I've had great success with Triode Wire Labs cables (triodewirelabs.com). Very good cables and Pete is great to work with.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(31-Dec-2022, 12:36)winiar560 Wrote:
(31-Dec-2022, 11:59)sdn660 Wrote: You could try Nordost (Norse series). Especially the first Norse series. Norse 2 sounds a bit warmer. I went from Ansuz (P) to Nordost Tyr. That was a big step forward. Nordost Tyr speaker cables are very transparent and open and certainly not warm. So they might give you the bite you miss with Atlas mavros. In my system Tyr matches well with my Sabrina speakers.
Hope this helps.
Hello there.
Thanks for your suggestion about nordost.

What do you think about nordost red dawn ls (Leif series)?

There's a guy in Australia who has found the supplier to Nordost and sells cables from that supplier at about half the price of Nordost. I tried the cable that's apparently the same as the Red Dawn.

A bit of background.
I was using Canare 4S11 cable. It's copper, quite thick and has twisted pairs. Just a good quality, no fancy pants cable.
I then decided to play with speaker setup and needed some longer cable. i used some generic cable to find the best position. 
I then bought some sub woofers and used the Canare cable to connect them. 
The overall sound was fine (great actually), but it lacked a bit of power in the mid bass.

That's when my dealer gave me the 'Red Dawn' to try. 
The sound was considerably worse than with the generic cable. It sounded thin and bright.
I bought some more Canare 4S11 and now have the sound I like.

A few years back I took my amps to my dealer to listen to some speakers he wanted to sell me. I listened to them through some $3000 MIT cables. Once I got a grip on the sound of the system, I replaced the MIT cables to my Canare 4S11. I heard no difference at all. None.

Conclusion. I wouldn't buy the Nordost cable un heard if I were you. The Canare though, is so cheap, you can buy it, try it and if you don't like it, you've only spent less than $100. So worth a try. Blue Jeans Cable sell them with cold welded connectors. Blue Jeans were the first in the world to introduce cold welding. I believe Silltech have now taken it on too.

I have a theory why flat cables sound bright. They're thin, so there's just not enough conductor to supply the current needed to run your woofers. That could also explain why there's an improvement with every step up in the Nordost line; As you go up, they're wider, so there's more conductor used. So you start with a thin sounding cable and as you go up, the bass and mid bass improves. Compare them with a properly sized cable straight up though and you might find they're just too thin.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Just too many variables here. Your speakers, your taste, how much you can tolerate thick and rigid cables, etc.
I have had the Devialet for over 12 years and used it with two different speakers, Proac Response D80 and YG Acoustics Carmel. Cables that were good with one didn't work well with the other. In total, I have owned about 10 speaker cables. There is no good answer here but I find my current Harmonic Technology Reference the best so far.
I'm not sure what your source is. Are you streaming with the Devialet CI board? Do you use Roon or something else?
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
If you live in USA why not try the Silversmith FIDELIUM Cables they have a 30 day tryout period if I don't remember wrong.

Im really pleased with my Fidelium they are fast, have nice resolution but also plays natural, just read the reviews about them.

But as some did mention its important always to try out those components those maybe it is a hit or miss in your setup.

https://silversmithaudio.com/fidelium-cables/
Devialet 1000 PRO CI, Franco Serblin Ktema. Power Distribution Purist Audio Design AC Extension LE, Purist Audio Neptune speaker cable, Purist Audio Neptune Diamond power cable to Devialet, Purist Audio Aquila Digital Power Cord to Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Purist Audio Dominus digital For link between Devialet 1000 PRO. Purist Audio CAT 7, AVID - Sequel SP with SME 309 and Soundsmith - The Voice, IsoAcoustics Gaia II , Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Router with Ferrum Hypsos PSU.