Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(NEUTRAL) higher end quality speaker cable recommendation
If you have enough budget, I'd recommend at least Echole Omnia speaker cables. They are very transparent, detailed. But they are very expensive.

https://www.echole.com/_speaker.html
Stereo Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS/Internet sources>> Supra CAT8 >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4(Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >> Mercury Streamer (GentooPlayer, MPD+UpMpdCli  running on RAM) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  Mogami Gold AES XLR >> Devialet 220 Pro >> Echole Omnia Speaker/Jumper Cables >> B&W 804D3 Speakers on IsoAcoustics GAIA-II

Headphone Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS(CAT8) >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4( Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >>  Mercury Streamer(GentooPlayer , Mpd/UpMpdCli ) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  RCA Coax >> Chord Hugo >> Fostex TH900 MK2
(31-Jan-2023, 10:29)CongoFather Wrote: If you have enough budget, I'd recommend at least Echole Omnia speaker cables. They are very transparent, detailed. But they are very expensive.

https://www.echole.com/_speaker.html

Thanks for recommendation.
At the moment I am waiting for a reply about demoing some EWA LS-80 speaker cables which are made by Elsdon Wonfor(original designer engineer off tellurium q cables) making his own now.
They are considered to beat all tellurium q speaker cables (including their most expensive black diamond).
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug
Hi @winiar560 - I'm unfamiliar with the cables you've tried, but can share my experience.

I'm currently using the Audioquest William Tell Zero speaker cables. There is also a cheaper Robin Hood Zero cable. These are apparently a newer design and well-reviewed. Been using it for a year plus now and been happy with it.

I was previously using a far cheaper cable - the Anticable Level 3.1 cables - for years and they sounded great especially considering the price. In fact, I'm still using their jumper cables along with my AQ William Tell Zero since my speakers are tri-wire capable.

It's been a while since I compared the AQ William Tell Zero to the Anticable Level 3.1. From memory, the AQ sounds a bit more refined/smoother, a bit more neutral and the naturalness of the sound makes sound textures a bit more obvious. In comparison the Anticable was a bit more forward but could sometimes sound a bit rough or shouty (?).

Another tip to try if your speakers have bi-wire terminals: I prefer the sound best when the cables are connected to the HF / Tweeter terminal, and then jumper-ed to the bass terminal. The highs sound cleanest this way. The speaker terminal and connectors somewhat affect the sound.

I prefer the sound of solid core cables, hence Anticables and Audioquest.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
(31-Dec-2022, 22:51)Pim Wrote:
(31-Dec-2022, 12:36)winiar560 Wrote:
(31-Dec-2022, 11:59)sdn660 Wrote: You could try Nordost (Norse series). Especially the first Norse series. Norse 2 sounds a bit warmer. I went from Ansuz (P) to Nordost Tyr. That was a big step forward. Nordost Tyr speaker cables are very transparent and open and certainly not warm. So they might give you the bite you miss with Atlas mavros. In my system Tyr matches well with my Sabrina speakers.
Hope this helps.
Hello there.
Thanks for your suggestion about nordost.

What do you think about nordost red dawn ls (Leif series)?
I am able to get these for a good price second hand.
Are these any good and comparable with atlas mavros level?

There's a guy in Australia who has found the supplier to Nordost and sells cables from that supplier at about half the price of Nordost. I tried the cable that's apparently the same as the Red Dawn.

A bit of background.
I was using Canare 4S11 cable. It's copper, quite thick and has twisted pairs. Just a good quality, no fancy pants cable.
I then decided to play with speaker setup and needed some longer cable. i used some generic cable to find the best position. 
I then bought some sub woofers and used the Canare cable to connect them. 
The overall sound was fine (great actually), but it lacked a bit of power in the mid bass.

That's when my dealer gave me the 'Red Dawn' to try. 
The sound was considerably worse than with the generic cable. It sounded thin and bright.
I bought some more Canare 4S11 and now have the sound I like.

A few years back I took my amps to my dealer to listen to some speakers he wanted to sell me. I listened to them through some $3000 MIT cables. Once I got a grip on the sound of the system, I replaced the MIT cables to my Canare 4S11. I heard no difference at all. None.

Conclusion. I wouldn't buy the Nordost cable un heard if I were you. The Canare though, is so cheap, you can buy it, try it and if you don't like it, you've only spent less than $100. So worth a try. Blue Jeans Cable sell them with cold welded connectors. Blue Jeans were the first in the world to introduce cold welding. I believe Silltech have now taken it on too.

I have a theory why flat cables sound bright. They're thin, so there's just not enough conductor to supply the current needed to run your woofers. That could also explain why there's an improvement with every step up in the Nordost line; As you go up, they're wider, so there's more conductor used. So you start with a thin sounding cable and as you go up, the bass and mid bass improves. Compare them with a properly sized cable straight up though and you might find they're just too thin.

Well, i was able to buy a pair of Nordost Valhalla biwire (the 1s) a year ago for a good price and these where a considerable nice step up, matching well with the Sonus Fabers...
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components