Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Amps ?
Som1 with information when are new amps on the way ? It's been a while, don't ou think so......?
I heard they will have 3 times the power, but cost 1/3rd as much as the current Experts.
They are to be known as the "Novice" range.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Unfortunately nothings gonna happen on Expert line as current things are
(17-Nov-2021, 13:32)JohnnySix Wrote: I heard they will have 3 times the power, but cost 1/3rd as much as the current Experts.
Where did you hear that? The figures you quoted make little sense to me as the Expert line has amps ranging from 140W to 1000W (x2). 3 times the power of which?
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
(17-Nov-2021, 13:32)JohnnySix Wrote: I heard they will have 3 times the power, but cost 1/3rd as much as the current Experts.

Hahaha! Nice one!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(18-Nov-2021, 06:26)zdenes Wrote:
Where did you hear that? The figures you quoted make little sense to me as the Expert line has amps ranging from 140W to 1000W (x2). 3 times the power of which?

[Image: so-tell-me-did-you-file-a-police-report-...-humor.jpg]

Big Grin
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

What's up with the passive-aggressive stuff that goes on in hifi forums? I've never known a type of forum that attracts such miserable and argumentative people.
(09-Dec-2021, 21:57)bowiebexley Wrote: What's up with the passive-aggressive stuff that goes on in hifi forums?  I've never known a type of forum that attracts such miserable and argumentative people.

You're right.  You'd have thought that people who like music are pleasant people.  There are so many frankly horrible people on hifi forums.  I started my own Fb group, Roksan (still got a turntable but obvs, I've upgraded to Devialet amp), a few years ago and I was relishing blocking/banning a'holes.  But as it happens, I've not had a single nasty comment, which must be unique amongst hifi forums.
(12-Feb-2022, 18:19)bowiebexley Wrote:
(09-Dec-2021, 21:57)bowiebexley Wrote: What's up with the passive-aggressive stuff that goes on in hifi forums?  I've never known a type of forum that attracts such miserable and argumentative people.

You're right.  You'd have thought that people who like music are pleasant people.  There are so many frankly horrible people on hifi forums.  I started my own Fb group, Roksan (still got a turntable but obvs, I've upgraded to Devialet amp), a few years ago and I was relishing blocking/banning a'holes.  But as it happens, I've not had a single nasty comment, which must be unique amongst hifi forums.

I'm also on a forum here in Australia and this kind of thing would just be seen as a fun bit of banter amongst friends. I think if you can't laugh about yourself, you have a problem. Society as a whole has gone a bit overboard with the whole anti bullying thing if you ask me. 

As an example, I work on drilling rigs. A while ago I saw the rig manager looking for a funny meme to put in his handover notes to his back to back. (we worked two weeks on, two weeks off there)  

I took up the idea in my handover notes to my back to back. 

The next morning my back to back had replied to me that "this is an official document and as such shouldn't have any of this 'funny' business in there. Could you please fix it and re-send it". He copied all the bosses into his reply. Now, going by the rule book, he's right. I made fun of him and that can be considered bullying. But he's not right. Everyone else on the rig would have had a laugh and remembered to have a go at me next time he did handover notes. That's just how a team works. If you can't have a laugh at each other, how would the atmosphere be on the job? We would all be miserable sods, just like Alfred, my back to back. 

I only have one rule about what I post on forums; I don't say anything on a forum that I wouldn't say if I were in front of the person in a pub.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I would like to add that this forum in particular is the last one I would accuse of bad spirit, flame wars and being rude to members.

It’s particularly refreshing to me that we are able to have people with different points of view exchanging constructively and in good spirit.

Humour, and self dérision and humour on self are a core ingredient of good spirit (apart from malt, but that’s a different kind of good spirit).

So I can assure you, by having been for quite so long in this forum and having read most posts, that there was aggression intended, just tongue in cheek….

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France