Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Dione - some little issues, but a big one - Standby mode
Hi there,

I have Dione over here for testing. I first thought my biggest issue would be sound, but surprisingly I am impressed. But later some little comments regarding that.
Another owner in another forum mentioned about the Dione not going to Standby properly.
I can't believe that. So put a plug to measure power consumption in the middle.
At the end of the day I switch off all devices connected. 
This morning I checked and it did NOT go to Standby at all. Consume nearly 20W all night.
So to see what the issue caused I first disconnected the HDMI and wait 1 hour. Nothing, still on.
The I disconnected the the ethernet connection. But that only caused the Dione to look for another connection.
Sio I connected it wireless. Only physical connection us power cord. I disabled the the app, to ensure nothing try to keep the Dione "alive".
But still after more then 1 hour still consuming nearly 20W.
Any idea? Am I doing anything wrong? Wasting at 18 hours 20W each is not acceptable, especially in actual times.

The other little issues, which would not be a deal breaker:

-    In settings - Input - HDMI: What does the setting HDMI-Auto means?

-    If the Dione receives some DD signal the main page doesn't show the sound modes, which is a little issue for me, because I need the voice mode quickly available especially when watching TV because of all the different sound formats of the different channels. And each time to setting-input-HDMI is a mess

-    When the Dione receives a pure stereo signal via HDMI it seems it does not expect that and does not make the sound modes for Music available. I was simple going to play an Audio CD via my Bluray Player. This is as well in my original environment connected via HDMI to my AVR.

Regarding the sound. Fairly I am a bit lucky having a big open room (55m2). So too much bass is not the issue. But it is still enough and impressing.  Sleepy
But what I have noticed issues with the room correcting. It could give lets say "suprising" results.
When I started i did the calibration and what directly satisfied by result. After the first simple tests I was going to evaluate the surround effects.
For that my room is very difficult. On the lieft side 6m to side wall (even not wall, but big window). On the right side 2m to wall but with a lot of curtains.
As surround effects for sound bars are based on reflection I was going to try to move the curtains around/away to allow reflections for the side effects.
Did a new calibration and thought "what's up, this is shit". The result was horrible and not acceptable in any way.
Unfortunately you are not able to analyse what the issue is, because Devialet does not allow you to view the result.
Do not understand why. AVRs do that for years. You can view what has been measured and what corrected and you can amend.
The Dione does not allow any of that. The issue is reproducible. I moved the curtains to the original place, did a further calibration and all perfect again.
For me this explains why we see some owners totally satisfied and other totally messed up.
So - I got an answer from Devialet.

"The Dione, at this time, does not have an automatic standby mode"

so you need either to use the touch bar on the Dione or the app.

You need to keep in mind to switch it of or apply a smart switch.
Interesting. I wondered why the LED always stayed on too after turning off the TV
Living Room: Devialet Dione
(12-Dec-2022, 15:01)RMK Wrote: Interesting. I wondered why the LED always stayed on too after turning off the TV

For me the LED switched off after a while, but the Dione still consuming what I've mentioend. Continuously.
Had a problem with my Virgin router so they came and replaced it this morning. Of course this is not a trivial event as absolutely everything had to be reconnected to it. My Amazon Blink cameras were a bit of a pain as I had several that had to be reconfigured, as did my TP-Link WiFi extender. Everything else worked once I had replaced the password for the router.

The Dione should have been a piece of cake as there is superficially not much to mess about with. In the end I had to download the App again and reinstall it several times before success and even then I had abandoned my iPhone next to it while it was Configuring which appeared to be just looping. I have just tested it to make sure the television and music are both operating satisfactorily, which I can happily say is the case.

Should have been much cleaner.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
It appears that at some point Devialet has managed to get the Virgin remote control fixed so that it controls the sound coming out of the Dione. Nice Xmas present.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(12-Dec-2022, 13:52)hulster Wrote: "The Dione, at this time, does not have an automatic standby mode"

So typical of Devialet software engineering to leave a basic function out