Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New update eq
Hello,

I updated my 2 phantoms, now i can add more bass with the 2 band eq. Do i have to turn it up to have the same bass as before, or do i leave it in the middle? I have no idea if the max setting gives more bass then before ore just gives you what it was before the update.
Does some have some information about this?
If not i will do some test.
I believe flat is like before.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(28-Jan-2022, 23:00)Ebro Wrote: Hello,

I updated my 2 phantoms, now i can add more bass with the 2 band eq. Do i have to turn it up to have the same bass as before, or do i leave it in the middle? I have no idea if the max setting gives more bass then before ore just gives you what it was before the update.
Does some have some information about this?
If not i will do some test.

The equalizer increases bass although causes the phantoms to distort so I don't recommend turning it up. Increasing bass will also just decrease headroom which is totally not worth it IMO the phantoms already have too little headroom for my taste. 
I noticed flat is basically the same but they have since increased the cutoff for night mode which is awesome.
I use the equaliser to increase the bass when listening at low levels, i think phantoms do struggle at these lower volumes, onec I'm over 45% volume i then reinstate the flat. This is where the phantoms start to sound there best.