Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sound from my 120 - streaming from MacBook Air
So I am a few steps closer... It looks like I have the 120 set up properly.  Got the Config with SAM for my KEF LS50 loaded and the 120's display shows I have a WiFI connection. Therefore, I should be ready to play music!

I am trying to wirelessly stream tunes from my MacBook Air Laptop. First, I downloaded Devialet AIR to my MacBook Air.  Installer worked.  Now, when I launch Devialet AIR and click on the small icon at the top of the screen to make sure it is running, the image below:

.pdf   air disabled.pdf (Size: 115.31 KB / Downloads: 6)

Disable Devialet Air is checked

Any suggestions from users streaming with MacBook?

I am waiting for a USB B to USB C cable to arrive Monday at which point I will try to hard wire a source.

Thanks in advance!

Brian
If that is Devialet's AIR driver it can be quite "temperamental". A USB cable is easier to deal with and will most likely work great. The Roon implementation of Devialet's AIR protocol is better than Devialet's own. You could give Roon a try and see if that works And don't confuse Devialet (Roon)AIR with Apple AirPlay Smile
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(10-Dec-2022, 22:25)ogs Wrote: If that is Devialet's AIR driver it can be quite "temperamental". A USB cable is easier to deal with and will most likely work great. The  Roon implementation of Devialet's AIR protocol is better than Devialet's own. You could give Roon a try and see if that works  And don't confuse Devialet (Roon)AIR with Apple AirPlay Smile

Thanks for the feedback.  USB cable arrives tomorrow so I hope to have something good to report then!
(11-Dec-2022, 18:48)AMG GTS guy Wrote:
(10-Dec-2022, 22:25)ogs Wrote: If that is Devialet's AIR driver it can be quite "temperamental". A USB cable is easier to deal with and will most likely work great. The  Roon implementation of Devialet's AIR protocol is better than Devialet's own. You could give Roon a try and see if that works  And don't confuse Devialet (Roon)AIR with Apple AirPlay Smile

Thanks for the feedback.  USB cable arrives tomorrow so I hope to have something good to report then!

Meanwhile you can use a printer cable
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Success!  Just wanted to report that my 120 via Devialet AIR is working well and sounds fantastic though my KEF LS50 bookshelf speakers.  The SAM processing is next level stuff.  Super, super happy with the end result!  Using Mac Book Air and Tidal for the source.

I'm hooked!!