Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sound upward when playing Dolby Atmos
Hello
I’m a new Dione owner and for few days I’ve been testing it.

My setup :
Dione in horizontal position in front of tv
Latest firmware 
Connected to Samsung Neo Qled in eArc
Music source : Spotify
Vidéo source : tv apps (Netflix with UHD subscription), hard disk with 4K movie files, PS5 with HDMI 2.1 cable

I notice that when I play Dolby Atmos movie no sound comes from the top speakers (the ones located on both side of the Dione, on top of it). Those speakers are meant to send sound to the roof so that it reaches you from the top. 
However when I stream music and choose spatial mode I do get sound from those same speakers.
I have asked Devialet support for help but was wondering if anyone else had this behavior from the Dione ?
Bonjours,

Même problème, avez vous trouvez une solution ?

Merci Smile
(25-Aug-2022, 17:01)Arno-FR-62 Wrote: Hello
I’m a new Dione owner and for few days I’ve been testing it.

My setup :
Dione in horizontal position in front of tv
Latest firmware 
Connected to Samsung Neo Qled in eArc
Music source : Spotify
Vidéo source : tv apps (Netflix with UHD subscription), hard disk with 4K movie files, PS5 with HDMI 2.1 cable

I notice that when I play Dolby Atmos movie no sound comes from the top speakers (the ones located on both side of the Dione, on top of it). Those speakers are meant to send sound to the roof so that it reaches you from the top. 
However when I stream music and choose spatial mode I do get sound from those same speakers.
I have asked Devialet support for help but was wondering if anyone else had this behavior from the Dione ?

Quite late, but just joined the forum. But maybe the following is usefull for other viewing this later.
Does the App show it detects it as Dolby Atmos?
If not, there is may an issue on the TV side to passthrough properly. Or the source is set to PCM instead of Bitstream.
Which means the source decodes and send out LPCM max. 7.1, but it does not contain the height channel information.
if the App shows Dolby Atmos directly under the volume circle it definitely should send something to the height channels.
BUT you need to keep in mind Dolby Atmos is an object based format. So you need check with a scene the should contain some information for these channels.
It will unlikely be throughout the full movie.