Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OCXO oscillator input theme
The ifi is now playing for 2 days. Sound is a clear step up in SQ compared to CI. I“m connecting to my audio PC via an optimized ethernet connection which is better than wifi (but wifi sounds really good on it´s own).
I“m connecting via USB to the Devialet. PS is Ferrum Hypsos.
Only problem so far is that USB is not detected in Roon mode, but Roon is working fine in setting 1 universal.
Highly recommended.
HQplayer does not really sound better to me.
@Confused : have you compared to the latest Roon version ? There was a significiant increase in SQ recently, I think with version 1.8
(09-Jul-2022, 21:21)Vivialet Wrote: The ifi is now playing for 2 days. Sound is a clear step up in SQ compared to CI. I“m connecting to my audio PC via an optimized ethernet connection which is better than wifi (but wifi sounds really good on it´s own).
I“m connecting via USB to the Devialet. PS is Ferrum Hypsos.
Only problem so far is that USB is not detected in Roon mode, but Roon is working fine in setting 1 universal.
Highly recommended.
HQplayer does not really sound better to me.
@Confused : have you compared to the latest Roon version ? There was a significiant increase in SQ recently, I think with version 1.8

I am pleased to hear that you are enjoying the Zen Stream.

As for Roon, I have not tried it without HQPlayer for almost one year now. I shall revisit this when I have some time.

Have you tried the Zen to the Devialet via S/PDIF?

As a final thought, maybe we should pick this one up in the Zen Stream thread? Anyone searching for information on the Zen is likely to pick that thread up, rather than this one.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-iFi-ZEN-Stream
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12