Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One year after 13.2.0
(13-Oct-2021, 02:59)ssfas Wrote: I last emailed with Mathieu in June 2020. I had a question about DSD. He'd been quite unwell with Covid. He said Expert is in a "mature" phase. There could be a few tweaks in the future, but I agree with him - it does everything I want, it operates faultlessly and I've had no inclination to replace it. What with?

With what? you ask. Well, a new DAC? There must have happened something in the technical department in 5 years time I hope!? Other manufacturers come with new inventions all the time don’t they? There must be room for improvement… but I agree: my E250 Pro works just fine. The question is: could it be better?

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
(20-Oct-2021, 14:30)RvdH Wrote:
(13-Oct-2021, 02:59)ssfas Wrote: I last emailed with Mathieu in June 2020. I had a question about DSD. He'd been quite unwell with Covid. He said Expert is in a "mature" phase. There could be a few tweaks in the future, but I agree with him - it does everything I want, it operates faultlessly and I've had no inclination to replace it. What with?

With what? you ask. Well, a new DAC? There must have happened something in the technical department in 5 years time I hope!? Other manufacturers come with new inventions all the time don’t they? There must be room for improvement… but I agree: my E250 Pro works just fine. The question is: could it be better?

The DAC inside is one of the best you could get soundwise. Not modern like DAC with DSD higher than 64 or MQA but sensationel with PCM!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(20-Oct-2021, 14:30)RvdH Wrote: my E250 Pro works just fine. The question is: could it be better?

I think a R2R DAC would be sensational inside ADH. Very much in line with how Devialet presents their Expert amplifiers. Problem is R2R tends to claim a large area so not a good match for the compact design of Expert amps.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I heard Mathieu no longer works for Devialet - that’s very sad.
Maybe someone attending https://www.parisaudiovideoshow.com/ where Devialet is too?
(21-Oct-2021, 04:20)markush Wrote: I heard Mathieu no longer works for Devialet

I don't think this is correct. Where did you hear that? As of two weeks ago Mathieu confirmed to me by email he was still working for Devialet.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I engaged with Devialet by clicking on a Facebook 'story' about the new aviation stuff. Here's the conversation:

Me: Still developing the CI for the Expert Pro? Please?!?!?
Wed 4:51 AM
Devialet: Hello Debbie,
Core Infinity was, in fact, launched a few years back from now !
You can learn more about Core Infinity on our website 🙂
https://www.devialet.com/en-us/amplifier...country=US
Wed 12:46 PM
Me: Thank you. I know. I have a 250CI. I'm waiting for you to leverage the capabilities of the CI with firmware upgrades that keep Devialet state of the art. When can I expect the next software version?
4:00 AM
Devialet: Hello Debbie,
Thanks for your question, we unfortunately don't have any news on the Expert's next software update's release date.
Our team of developers is working day and night to bring the best features to the Expert,
Do you have any suggestions for features you would like to see on the Expert, or on any of our products?
The opinion of our customers is always important to us 🙂

BOTTOM LINE: Mostly nothing...except that there is nothing they want to share about a next release...even with that team working night and day.

About what I expected. In the meantime, I will fire up my 250CI and enjoy the music.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
That’ll be nice to hear Mathieu is still there. Maybe things changed - in this case for the positive.
Had a talk with someone close to Devialet. And heard all resources are out into new stores, Phantom and Gemini. So the LV company is focusing on profits and no longer on innovation or improving Expert line.
Hopefully this will change and they become aware of the importance of software - they really experienced with the massive problems on the first Gemini launch.
Unfortunately there is no one anymore in the management team that was involved in the Expert line development - and who was part of the former company culture.
I still hope LV as the owner now realizes that innovation is something that needs to be deserved / developed and is no „badge“ to put on products.

Is there someone attending the Paris event?
"Our team of developers is working day and night to bring the best features to the Expert"  Confused

This is interesting news. The last that I heard was that the team were "working feverishly" on such things. I guess that "working day and night" is a somewhat less emotive term than "working feverishly" these days. Although they might do a better job if they get some sleep from time to time.

On a more serious note, it will be interesting to see what news emerges from the Paris this weekend. - This should tell us something, even if it is not what we want the hear.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
So anyone who was attending or heard feedback about https://www.parisaudiovideoshow.com/ ?!
(25-Oct-2021, 22:00)markush Wrote: So anyone who was attending or heard feedback about https://www.parisaudiovideoshow.com/ ?!

There is online feedback here in the Dream Systems section. The text:

We could also talk about the smoothness of a Devialet Expert amplifier on a pair of Focal Utopia or the energy of the Klipsch Klipschorn 75 powered by a duo of Jadis JA120 (count around € 50,000 for each of these kits). Beautiful moments out of time, and a bit of reality, it must be said!
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e