Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One year after 13.2.0
I would say the problem with configuration and configurator is the ability to make damage to the device with some settings. The way it works now prevents it. If they release the software for local/desktop usage - someone could alter the app to unlock changes to configuration thus making possible to set unsafe values.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(18-Aug-2022, 11:34)Delija Wrote: I would say the problem with configuration and configurator is the ability to make damage to the device with some settings. The way it works now prevents it. If they release the software for local/desktop usage - someone could alter the app to unlock changes to configuration thus making possible to set unsafe values.

@jjo 's suggestion was not for the configuration to be on a local desktop but rather for it to be part of the amp's internal software so that you could configure the amp by using the interface you can already access when you use a browser and input the amp's network address.

As for fears about hacking the configuration and damaging the amp, Devialet issue OS updates. Someone could open the code for a new OS firmware version in a coding app on their desktop, modify the factory default settings, and then copy the modified file to an SD card, install their hacked version of the OS on the amp with those modified default settings and damage the amp. What you fear is already a possibility but it seems no one has ever done it which surely is a reason not to worry overly about that possibility. In any event, doing something like that would certainly void Devialet's warranty, Devialet would bear no responsibility for any damage done as a result of such action, and would not have to repair the damaged amp. We've always been able to trash an amp by opening it up and modifying the circuitry, modifying the amp by altering its operating code is just a new way to make an amp operate in ways that it wasn't intended to operate. 

If Devialet adopted @jjo 's suggestion the configurator would become part of the amp's firmware and I'm not aware of any reports of anyone hacking the amp's firmware so I'd say it's a pretty safe option. I doubt that fears of someone hacking the firmware and damaging the amp aren't the reason that Devialet have not adopted this idea. I think it's far more likely that it has something to do with either limitations in the processing power of the chips in the amp and/or the storage capacity available for the additional code required to enable the amp to handle the configurator functions given that they obviously have to continue to reserve storage function for things like Bluetooth, a feature they promised but have yet to deliver, after they delivered other features such as RAAT and Sweet Room which they did not promise but added anyway, much to the benefit of some users.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Anyone got some kind of feedback on Devialet of a firmware update, iOS remote app update … or any sign? Smile
Hello, today I say goodbye to my beloved Devialet 220 pro/CI after 7 years (unfortunately I no longer trust the company).  Having owned Ansuz products for some time, I came across Aavik devices in the last few weeks. After testing some Aavik devices, my choice was an Aavik U-280! 
I'm now without Devialt, but I will continue to follow the forum! Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(21-Aug-2022, 16:08)K4680 Wrote: Hello, today I say goodbye to my beloved Devialet 220 pro/CI after 7 years (unfortunately I no longer trust the company).  Having owned Ansuz products for some time, I came across Aavik devices in the last few weeks. After testing some Aavik devices, my choice was an Aavik U-280! 
I'm now without Devialt, but I will continue to follow the forum!  Wink

Why don’t you trust Devialet? I’ve had mine recently repaired for free, even though it was out of warranty.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
What was broken?
(22-Aug-2022, 03:32)Pim Wrote:
(21-Aug-2022, 16:08)K4680 Wrote: Hello, today I say goodbye to my beloved Devialet 220 pro/CI after 7 years (unfortunately I no longer trust the company).  Having owned Ansuz products for some time, I came across Aavik devices in the last few weeks. After testing some Aavik devices, my choice was an Aavik U-280! 
I'm now without Devialt, but I will continue to follow the forum!  Wink

Why don’t you trust Devialet? I’ve had mine recently repaired for free, even though it was out of warranty.

Hi Pim, hi markush everything! Communication with the customer, with the support.I have the feeling that the Expert line has been put into sleep mode, the focus is on the Speaker series!
Finally, after 7 years it's time to try something new! Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
7 years is a lot of time. Enjoy your new gear Wink
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(22-Aug-2022, 12:20)Delija Wrote: 7 years is a lot of time. Enjoy your new gear Wink

Thanks, I'll report! Wink
Germany / Bavaria
The Aavik looks interesting on a first glance, but I would miss some features of the Devialet.
- the configurable pre-out for the subwoofer which also offers a high-pass for the speakers
- the AES/SPDIF input, only USB and SPDIF via BNC
- the power amp mode to integrate into a multichannel system
- definitely the remote

I keep my Devialets. But looking forward to hear your SQ impressions...