Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One year after 13.2.0
(06-Oct-2021, 14:59)RvdH Wrote: Against all odds, I just checked if new firmware for the Experts was made available on the Devialet website, today being exactly one year after the latest version came available. But no…

Anyone any info on the subject or the future of the Expert range in general?

And because I was told that Devialet reads what is written here, I would kindly request them to please consider to send another newsletter to their Expert Pro customers. It would be very much appreciated.

+1
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
Sigh… now 2 years after the last release and still nothing. No updates, no bug fixes, no Newletters (no, those things they release as Newsletters are nothing more than vague marketing efforts). Me things our precious Expert Pros are legacy to Devialet. Still, I’m listening to it as I type as it still sounds pretty awesome.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Really very sad to not even see bugs long known to support fixed.
When I compare this for example to LUMIN, very responsive and regular firmware updates and improvements even for outdated models.
(18-Aug-2022, 22:03)markush Wrote: Anyone got some kind of feedback on Devialet of a firmware update, iOS remote app update … or any sign? Smile

there is an update via ios currently. haven't done it yet.
(16-Nov-2022, 09:41)meta Wrote:
(18-Aug-2022, 22:03)markush Wrote: Anyone got some kind of feedback on Devialet of a firmware update, iOS remote app update … or any sign? Smile

there is an update via ios currently. haven't done it yet.

Where did you get it? App Store says no updates for 2 years Smile
There is a new firmware update for Phantom - but still nothing for Expert line.
Think it’s best to write Mathieu and support.
The header is wrong in the meantime: it is 2 years after 13.2.0…
I‘m still happy with the performance. Ratio price to sound quality is still perfect.

Greetz

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(18-Nov-2022, 15:15)Vivialet Wrote: The header is wrong in the meantime: it is 2 years after 13.2.0…

Right... it should read 'will there ever be anything after 13.2.0 for the Expert Pro'  ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(18-Nov-2022, 22:32)mdconnelly Wrote:
(18-Nov-2022, 15:15)Vivialet Wrote: The header is wrong in the meantime: it is 2 years after 13.2.0…

Right... it should read 'will there ever be anything after 13.2.0 for the Expert Pro'  ;-)

Smile
But it is very sad. I wanted to spend some money and to move from Expert Pro 220 CI to 250CI or even to 1000, but now, not sure I will.
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables