Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom I vs. Gold
(18-May-2023, 11:10)marius23mvp Wrote: Really interested to hear your conclusions.
I have a pair of II 95db and I am very curious how much of a difference a pair of 108 will be.
Maybe ... someday I will experiment that myself.

I can tell you the jump from the Phantom II 98dB to the Phantom I Premier Classic 103 dB was quite the jump. Now, I'm not saying better.... this would depend on your room and your listening preferences. I would say... different. The sound is definitely fuller and the low end with well recorded recordings is astonishing. My desire to go to the 108 dB is the titanium tweeter, increased processing power, and from what I've read the bass may perhaps be a bit more controlled. The increase in power output is substantial as well.... probably more than what I'll ever need,, but having that extra headroom in amplification certainly can't hurt. I'm really looking forward to getting them set up once they arrive.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Phantom II. A wonderful design and such a sound out of a small package. The larger Phantoms are huge compared to its smaller sibling.

In any event... yes, stay tuned.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
The mechanical properties of Titanium do not make it better than aluminium for a tweeter dome.
Their specific stiffnesses are the same but because aluminium is less dense then Titanium a dome of the same weight can be thicker so will be stiffer in bending.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire