Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom surround setup
I just received an email about Devialet offering Phantom surround setups with an preamplifie. Could anyone identify the preamplifier they're using?

Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Picture shows a Storm Audio ISP Elite MK3 I believe. Very expensive, I wouldn‘t know why such a high end processor is necessary.

They mention included in the „Theater 5“ configuration: „ Audio Over IP (AoIP) (Dante or AES67) high-end AV processor, recommended by Devialet Professional Teams.“ Anyway, 14.000 EUR for this sounds pretty outrageous to me.
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
So there's no Devialet control system for this (with an HDMI input)? I've not read the details, but seems crazy to have another expensive piece of hardware on top of the speakers.
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
(27-Oct-2022, 09:49)WesCrackin Wrote: Picture shows a Storm Audio ISP Elite MK3 I believe. Very expensive, I wouldn‘t know why such a high end processor is necessary.

They mention included in the „Theater 5“ configuration: „ Audio Over IP (AoIP) (Dante or AES67) high-end AV processor, recommended by Devialet Professional Teams.“ Anyway, 14.000 EUR for this sounds pretty outrageous to me.

I wonder, if it is because this particular processor supports both Dante and AES67, so that they can allow a mix and match of speakers? Based on the pricing difference between the 5/7/9 setup, it looks like they are charging 2K EUR for each phantom 2 custom, and 4K EUR for the processor and whatever else is required.

If I'm not mistaken, the cheapest Phantom 2 custom (with the "euroblock" input) used to cost $1,450 USD each. So either we chalk this up to inflation (they raised prices on all speakers recently, about $100 IIRC), or there are other markups for their service.

And that markup, plus the "base price" of that Storm Audio processor, and wiring, is where I think our local suppliers may be able to compete using different processors, and/or charging less for integration. It'd also be interesting to see how this stacks against other brands with similar budget.
(27-Oct-2022, 09:49)WesCrackin Wrote: Picture shows a Storm Audio ISP Elite MK3 I believe. Very expensive, I wouldn‘t know why such a high end processor is necessary.

Thanks! About €13.800 more than I paid for the old Onkyo PR-SC5507 I used for my Phantom surround setup. I think I'll pass.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Dante makes sense for a Phantom based surround setup.  However, suggest using a JBL SDP-58 instead.

Using the picture as the guide, Devialet are suggesting using 2 Phantom I's for left and right and the rest are Phantom II's.  I always make the front 3, matching speakers and think a Phantom I would make more sense. And it also carries the dialog.

** Or make them all Phantom II's. **

Also, I wonder what Devialet would suggest for ceiling speakers in an Atmos setup?

If they are offering the Storm Audio unit in the package, it is a relative bargain because it alone cost 16,000+ EUR. In other words, the Phantoms are free???
(29-Oct-2022, 04:06)Snoopy8 Wrote: Dante makes sense for a Phantom based surround setup.  However, suggest using a JBL SDP-58 instead.

Using the picture as the guide, Devialet are suggesting using 2 Phantom I's for left and right and the rest are Phantom II's.  I always make the front 3, matching speakers and think a Phantom I would make more sense. And it also carries the dialog.

Also, I wonder what Devialet would suggest for ceiling speakers in an Atmos setup?

I've read through landing pages again and it seems I was confused at first, mainly by the images showing Phantom Is and IIs while all the base systems and mentioned prices start out with solely Phantom IIs but it seems sky is the limit in the configurations.

Theater 5 seems to be meant for "regular" Dolby Surround however, while 7 and 9 are Atmos enabled.
The mentioned Storm Audio unit seems to be optional when you really want to go nuts I guess.

To summarize the base offerings:

- Theater 5: 5 x Phantom II Custom + "Audio Over IP (AoIP) (Dante or AES67) high-end AV processor" Starting at 14.000€
- Theater 7: 7 x Phantom II Custom + "Audio Over IP (AoIP) (Dante or AES67) high-end AV processor" Starting at 18.000€
- Theater 9: 9 x Phantom II Custom + "Audio Over IP (AoIP) (Dante or AES67) high-end AV processor" Starting at 22.000€

Here is the website in case some of you haven't received the Newsletter: https://www.devialet.com/en-gb/professio...country=GB
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
(29-Oct-2022, 13:40)WesCrackin Wrote:
(29-Oct-2022, 04:06)Snoopy8 Wrote: Dante makes sense for a Phantom based surround setup.  However, suggest using a JBL SDP-58 instead.

I've read through landing pages again and it seems I was confused at first, mainly by the images showing Phantom Is and IIs while all the base systems and mentioned prices start out with solely Phantom IIs but it seems sky is the limit in the configurations.

Theater 5 seems to be meant for "regular" Dolby Surround however, while 7 and 9 are Atmos enabled.
The mentioned Storm Audio unit seems to be optional when you really want to go nuts I guess.

To summarize the base offerings:

- Theater 5: 5 x Phantom II Custom + "Audio Over IP (AoIP) (Dante or AES67) high-end AV processor" Starting at 14.000€
- Theater 7: 7 x Phantom II Custom + "Audio Over IP (AoIP) (Dante or AES67) high-end AV processor" Starting at 18.000€
- Theater 9: 9 x Phantom II Custom + "Audio Over IP (AoIP) (Dante or AES67) high-end AV processor" Starting at 22.000€

Here is the website in case some of you haven't received the Newsletter: https://www.devialet.com/en-gb/professio...country=GB

Hi, as I understand configurations detailed (Theater (5/7/9) are only examples, you can mix Phantom 1 (with their Dante/AES67 to optical converter) and Phantom II Custom (the pro version of Phantom II) because this version supports Dante/AES67. The limit is more relative to the capacity of A/V Processor (usually 16 or 32 channels). JBL Synthesis SDP-58 (or 55) is also supported for Phantom Theater, like Stormaudio ISP Evo (MK2/MK3 with the aes67 add-on card), also Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1 (with aes67 add-on card) is known to be compatible. Devialet had presented Phantom Theater in multiple configurations (eq 5.1, 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.4) in tradeshows (ISE, CEDIA, PAVS)... There are videos on youtube about it.
-- Yondu --

Main System Devialet D-Premier (Black) / Atohm GT1 (Black)
Secondary System Phantom Silver Stereo