Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom with broken wi-fi card
Hey everyone, 
My doubt is: can the Phantom fully be operated solely through the LAN port and/or the Toslink connectors on the back?
I've read that music can be streamed through the LAN via UPnP and that even the firmware updates can be fetched through a cabled only mode. 
I'm asking this because I'm thinking of buying a Phantom Gold with a "broken wi-fi card", which I assume means that every wireless related feature is completely unavailable. 
My biggest fear is that since the "wi-fi is broken", the LAN network card port may be broken too if the problem is at a lower level in the circuit.
(15-Feb-2023, 18:27)NinjaPotato Wrote: My biggest fear is that since the "wi-fi is broken", the LAN network card port may be broken too if the problem is at a lower level in the circuit.

Definitely try before you buy. And find out from Devialet what the cost of replacement would be. That way you have some idea of the kind of discount you should be getting when buying this second hand.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.