Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phono setting - Transrotor Leonardo 40/60 TMD
I am not a phono guy so i need some help here ;

I will test a turntable that will be connected to my 440 pro ci.
First of all, phono model is not available at the configuration so i will leave it as it is.
The turntable has a Ortofon MC Quintet blue installed.
So, cartridge type is MC, this one is pretty easy

But what about max level and loading settings to be done?

Advance settings wifi standby is OFF and i will leave it as it is.
Sampling rate?

Anything else i should do?

Thanks in advance..
your Ortofon is reported to output at 0.5mV (which is what you would report on the expert configurator) and likes an impedance of >20ohm (which is super low) and you might start playing at 100ohm and take it from there. Alternatively, you might want to consider a SUT, such as the Ortofon ST-7 (developed for Quintet cartridges), which would likely require to set the output seen by the Dev phono to around 7mV (so, MM territory) and to load it at 47kohm.
(29-Oct-2022, 04:09)docvale Wrote: your Ortofon is reported to output at 0.5mV (which is what you would report on the expert configurator) and likes an impedance of >20ohm (which is super low) and you might start playing at 100ohm and take it from there. Alternatively, you might want to consider a SUT, such as the Ortofon ST-7 (developed for Quintet cartridges), which would likely require to set the output seen by the Dev phono to around 7mV (so, MM territory) and to load it at 47kohm.

Thank you.
Max level i set at 500 mv

Loading so i leave it at high and then i selected 100.
I am hoping this it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(28-Oct-2022, 18:50)archer75 Wrote: I am not a phono guy so i need some help here ;

First of all, phono model is not available at the configuration so i will leave it as it is.

Sampling rate?

Thanks in advance..
You might want to set Auto Wi-fi Standby to ON. If you don’t you might hear a fluttering noise in the background as the wi-fi searches for a connection.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(29-Oct-2022, 06:35)archer75 Wrote: [quote="docvale" pid='107009' dateline='1667012978']

Max level at config is between 1-15 so how would i set it to 0.5mv? When i do it manually it pick it up as 1.0 mv.

Loading so i leave it at high and then select 100 or shall i select 22 instead of high and keep the other one 100?

The 1-15 max level is for MM cartridges. In the manual phono setting of the configurator first select ‘MC’ as the cartridge type. The level setting will then be expressed in microvolts. Set the level to 500uV.

The two loading settings are for load resistance and capacitance. Set the first one, load resistance, to 100 ohms as a starting point. Leave the second one, capacitance, at zero, it’s not required for MC cartridges.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(29-Oct-2022, 08:36)Axel Wrote:
(28-Oct-2022, 18:50)archer75 Wrote: I am not a phono guy so i need some help here ;

Sampling rate?

Thanks in advance..
You might want to set Auto Wi-fi Standby to ON. If you don’t you might hear a fluttering noise in the background as the wi-fi searches for a connection.

Thank you, done…

(29-Oct-2022, 10:36)disarmamant Wrote:
(29-Oct-2022, 06:35)archer75 Wrote: [quote="docvale" pid='107009' dateline='1667012978']

Max level at config is between 1-15 so how would i set it to 0.5mv? When i do it manually it pick it up as 1.0 mv.

Loading so i leave it at high and then select 100 or shall i select 22 instead of high and keep the other one 100?

The 1-15 max level is for MM cartridges. In the manual phono setting of the configurator first select ‘MC’ as the cartridge type. The level setting will then be expressed in microvolts. Set the level to 500uV.

The two loading settings are for load resistance and capacitance. Set the first one, load resistance, to 100 ohms as a starting point. Leave the second one, capacitance, at zero, it’s not required for MC cartridges.

Thank you sir, did as you recommended.
Works as a charm at the moment..

[Image: 9d42f0bbee3e81a0291e63761675b917.jpg]

And in action

[Image: 1b2684bc56264cf02ebc970cf4240729.jpg]