Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phono volume low / max level adjustment?
(12-Mar-2022, 11:34)PetyMety Wrote: tested at my dealer with another same Amp and Phono let me know, everything is all right.
thats really strange that the higher output cart is so much lower in volume. also the Concept MM V2 is much better in terms of dynamic and overall performance than the Goldring G1006. i saw a lot of reviews and it should be louder and a real improvement over the Clearaudio. the opposite is the case.
im relly confused
Could the Goldring be faulty and not producing correct output?
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
Maybe, thats the next step to test. i will order another one and see how this performs.
There are two things to do in the correct way:

The setting of the input voltage is equal with the amplification setting. Higher voltage means lower amplification.
If the setting is wrong (low mV), it will clip at higher volume from the track and will sound disturbed.
If the setting is wrong (high mV), it will not be loud and more noisy from the amplifier input circuit.
A setting of 2000µV gives a gain of 29dB, a setting of 5000µV ist 21dB.  ("COAX5_6" in the cfg file)

If the input resistor is too low, it will not be loud but more noise appears from the amplifier input circuit.
So try to disable any input resistor, does it sound wrong or right then? (it should be 47000 Ohm, 47kOhm at MM)
220 Expert Pro - MagicoA3 - Linn Streaming - Linn LP12 Vinyl - DS-Audio 003 - PS Audio PP12 - Uptone EtherRegen - AfterDark Clock - Acourate room correction via Roon - Qobuz
Germany - Hamburg
(24-Mar-2022, 13:52)listener Wrote: There are two things to do in the correct way:

The setting of the input voltage is equal with the amplification setting. Higher voltage means lower amplification.
If the setting is wrong (low mV), it will clip at higher volume from the track and will sound disturbed.
If the setting is wrong (high mV), it will not be loud and more noisy from the amplifier input circuit.
A setting of 2000µV gives a gain of 29dB, a setting of 5000µV ist 21dB.  ("COAX5_6" in the cfg file)

If the input resistor is too low, it will not be loud but more noise appears from the amplifier input circuit.
So try to disable any input resistor, does it sound wrong or right then? (it should be 47000 Ohm, 47kOhm at MM)

What do you mean by „disable any input resistor „?
At the Expert Pro 140 there is no possibility to Change settings except Max Input Level.