Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phono volume low / max level adjustment?
Moving from 3,3mV to 6,5mV will force you to increase volume. Try 2,5 or even 2,0mV and see if that is more suitable. Watch out for overloading of the phono input. There is a level meter in the amp display - long-press one of the lower buttons on the remote and cycle through till you find it. A digital input will approach 0dB on this display (VU meter) Vinyl playback should look similar. Analog overloading is not "dangerous", but can sound unpleasant.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Do you mean i should try lower the max Input or i should use another cart?

I changed my 3,3mV Clearaudio to a 6,5mV Goldring Cart.

For now i have 6,5mV in the settings.

Some said, lowering the Max Input will lead to distortion.
im really confused because i thought higher Cart Ouput would lead to higher volume Sad
(10-Mar-2022, 20:35)Elztalbiker Wrote: No, 3.3 mV til 3,4 mV should be optimum for your cart. Higher output Level on cardridge will be better. 5mv or more would be a match- like Ortofon 2M Blue, Bronze, Black

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I dont understand that.

i already changed the cart from a 3,3mV Clearaudio to a 6,5mV Goldring. But the Goldring is much lower in volume.
It doesn't work like that. When you specify 6,5mV you tell the amp that the cart you are using outputs up to 6,5mV. Your Clearaudio is specified to 3,3mV, almost half the signal level so you'll have to turn up the volume even more. If you want more sound from the Clearaudio you have to set input sensitivity accordingly i.e. as I said try 2,5mV and see what happens.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
i think you missunderstood me.

i changed the clearaudio cart to an goldring cart on my turntable. not only the settings.
thats why i hoped that it would be louder than the clearaudio.
Ah, I see. Sorry about that. If you kept the 3,3mV setting, the Goldring would be louder. Setting it to 6,5mV adjusts for the difference...

Cart output voltages can not always be trusted, but in general a vinyl playback chain will have less gain and volume level than a digital signal. The line level out of a CD player is often more than 2V. A stand alone phono pre/RIAA is often less than 1V line out. So one will have to turn up volume, but with the 140 it is probably also less gain in the phono circuit.
Devialetless!
Thanks!

I try to make it as clear as possible with my bad englisch:

Clearaudio 3,3mV Cart/ Settings 3,3mV = sweetspot volume level -5db
goldring 6,5mV Cart/ settings 6,5mV = sweetspot volume level +10db

So the higher voltage output cart is significant lower volume and i can not explain why
OK - what kind of phono cable are you using? Manufacturer and typ? Should be both right, contact your dealer or Devialet support.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
You are right. i will get in contacg with my dealer.

I own a Clearaudio Concept table with Verify tonearm which has build in phono cable.
its brand new. i will check both phono and devialet at my dealer where i bought it.

i will let you know…

Thanks a lot
tested at my dealer with another same Amp and Phono let me know, everything is all right.
thats really strange that the higher output cart is so much lower in volume. also the Concept MM V2 is much better in terms of dynamic and overall performance than the Goldring G1006. i saw a lot of reviews and it should be louder and a real improvement over the Clearaudio. the opposite is the case.
im relly confused