Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Odd Connection Problem
Denon x3600 AVR pre-out into Dev 200 Line 1 doesn't make sound.

Denon pre-outs into Phono works, with poor SQ (Due to RIAA I suppose).
CD player into Line 1 works. 
Using same RCA cables.
Using Factory Config., no SD card.
Programmed SD card with the first two (Phono) as Line 2 instead of Phono. Display then reads "ByPass" but no sound.
Line 1 with SD card, no sound.
Seems if CD player works into Line 1, and Denon pre-out is working as it plays on Phono input, Denon into Line 1 would work, but no.
Any suggestions for me. 
Thanks
As far as I know, phono inputs need a much lower Voltage. Maybe the output of your Denon isn’t high enough for the less sensitive line input. Have you tried turning the volume way up? Is there another way to increase the output of the Denon?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
When your Denon pre out is connected to to phono you should hear massive distortion if the output from Denon is normal. Try the CD player into phono to know how bad that sounds (turn volume on the Devialet way down before you test this!).  As @Pim  says, the output from Denon pre out may be too low.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(20-Jan-2023, 11:09)ogs Wrote: When your Denon pre out is connected to to phono you should hear massive distortion if the output from Denon is normal. Try the CD player into phono to know how bad that sounds (turn volume on the Devialet way down before you test this!).  As @Pim  says, the output from Denon pre out may be too low.

I do get the distortion, but I also get a working signal.
I have used the Denon Pre-out into the Dev before.
I did increase volume and it was dead silent.
I ran 5ch thru the Denon and the surrounds and center played and the pre-out mains didn't.
I'll try the Denon with a different amp next week, but if it works my problem still isn't solved.
Thx for the replys.
If CD player into the Dev line in works, pre out from Denon should work too. It is the same type of signal. Does any of the other (surround) pre outs work on the Dev line in?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(20-Jan-2023, 20:02)ogs Wrote: If CD player into the Dev line in works, pre out from Denon should work too. It is the same type of signal. Does any of the other (surround) pre outs work on the Dev line in?

None of the pre-outs work, to include Zone 2. It is also not reading my SD card configuration reliably. I will try different cards and such.
Today, I will also try in in a different system where the AVR is pre-out to a different amp; I'll substitute in the Dev.
Is there a firmware refresh option? Mine is current.
Bizarre.