• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release notes - DOS 2.16.1
This release includes the following improvements, compared to DOS 2.14.4:
  • Improved sound tuning on Phantom II
  • Fixed an EQ related issue on Phantom I
  • Improved stereo pairs stability when using AirPlay
  • Fixed a rare issue with the night mode turning off by itself
  • Improved optical input stability
  • Extended HTTP API with additional commands (more details HERE)
  • Fixed HTTP API issues related to Arch and Dialog
  • Other bug fixes and improvements
the update popped up when i opened the app today but reluctant to try before seeing some feedback here. too many
times i jump in early and find out i'm a beta tester.
I successfully updated to 2.16.1 without any issues. (2 Phantom classics linked with ethernet).  Unlike others, after the update I don’t have any issues turning off my two Phantom Classics remotely using the lastest app (1.19). Interestingly prior to the update turning the two phantoms off using the app resulted in two distinct sounds one after the other. Now they turn off with only a single sound being discernible….possibly this is something to do with the improved stereo synchronisation using Airplay mentioned in the Release Notes? 
Subjectively the sound does seem to me to have improved with a rock solid centering of solo singers and better differentiation of supporting instruments…. Perhaps I’m just imagining it!! 
The other thing I noticed was the Phantom pair was renamed in the Airplay menu during the update process so initially I thought they were missing as the ‘old’ name wasn’t displayed.

With the arrival of the Mania I wonder if Devialet will place a greater emphasis on stereo pairs for the Phantoms
So far I can confirm that 2.16.1 its stable and its seams like solve my problem when I couldn’t select AUX>ARCH on 2.14.4 so I’m happy with that it works. I can also confirm that phantoms shut down in same time just as @Pwalder mention there was a lag in the older update. I also hope they will implement Mania in stereo setup/ roon ready since I’m interested in cheaper portable phantom for my portable Sony projector as a cinema movie speaker/ kitchen speaker It’s look like nice device to pair with my projector but I wonder how good sound quality it give..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I like the sound, nice move
well turns out i was forced to update anyway as my phantoms just decided to disconnect and when re added refused to be paired in stereo. after a frustrating 1 and a half hour attempt i decided the update was worth a shot.
everything was un paired reset and re linked in the app with new names before the update

after the update it just remembered the old pairing name and was there waiting for me. like magic for some reason.
works fine now so all is happy now haha
‘Subjectively the sound does seem to me to have improved with a rock solid centering of solo singers and better differentiation of supporting instruments…. Perhaps I’m just imagining it!! ‘

Yes you have probably right, I like the sound even better then before.
After the update to 2.16.1
I have a new Phantom 1 gold matt White.
The singing sound of Diana Krall is very separat and clear.
Also the instruments become more in harmony and separation.

There are some inprovements!
Sometime’s there is for me to much bass, so I reduce it with the EQ, the nightmode step is to big, and sounds flat.
So far, very nice update.
I have the same experience as you. Also with the EQ and the nightmode step.